Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Conner's Strategy Cost Them The Game?

Featured Replies

10 onside kicks. Franklin had a short field the entire game.

 

Did that strategy cost Conner the game?

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say their defense cost them the game. :D

10 onside kicks. Franklin had a short field the entire game.

 

Did that strategy cost Conner the game?

 

Were they onside kicks or pooch kicks meant to keep the ball away from the Franklin County return men?

Out of the 10 onside kicks how many did Conner recover? I would say it they recovered at least three (hopefully more) then it worked, otherwise I would say it was a major coaching error.

Out of the 10 onside kicks how many did Conner recover? I would say it they recovered at least three (hopefully more) then it worked, otherwise I would say it was a major coaching error.

They only recovered 1.

What I don't understand is Conner was up 30-13 at one point and still tried another onside kick, that was just stupid.

They only recovered 1.

What I don't understand is Conner was up 30-13 at one point and still tried another onside kick, that was just stupid.

 

I agree 100%.

 

And 2012 was Conner's shot at the big time.

 

I would like to hear Coach Trosper's explanation for all the onside kicks.

I don't think it's such a bad idea. Unless Conner had somebody who could put it in the endzone, why not inside it? With a team like Franklin County, who covers so much ground so fast, what's 20 yards?

 

The fact that they were up 30-13 at one point is interesting, though.

I agree 100%.

 

And 2012 was Conner's shot at the big time.

 

I would like to hear Coach Trosper's explanation for all the onside kicks.

Didn't they do the same thing last year also?

 

There is a thing called adjustments, apparently they didn't read that manual.

 

Cooper was in a tight one tonight. Cooper missed an extra paoint and missed on a 2 pt conversion which allowed So Oldham to take the lead at 28-27 and then Cooper made a defensive adjustment which stopped So. Oldham on their passing game and hheld them scoreless the rest of the way.

Were they onside kicks or pooch kicks meant to keep the ball away from the Franklin County return men?

 

They were all legit onside kicks.

As George W. Bush would say, poor strategery!

The biggest was due to a penalty Conner kicked off from own 25. Kicked it OB. FC made them re- kick from 20. Another onside kick?? FC ball on 30. Short field all night long for Conner D. Dont get it.

The biggest was due to a penalty Conner kicked off from own 25. Kicked it OB. FC made them re- kick from 20. Another onside kick?? FC ball on 30. Short field all night long for Conner D. Dont get it.

Dumb question, was their kicker hurt?

Also Conner had FC with 3rd & 4th downs with long yardage 15 and further 5 times. Played soft zone D every time resulting in 1st downs and eventual scores for FC. don't get that either because twice Timmons wasn't even on the field.

No he wasn't hurt. Kid kicked a 40 yd FG in 1st Q.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.