Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

Dayton. Wow.

I would go #6 Russellville, #7 Williamsburg, #8 Raceland. Rville is solid, Williamsburg seems pretty good and well Raceland last week answered alot of questions and was over hyped

I've seen several teams on this list play, who would you replace them with besides Bellevue? Everyone elseon this list has a winning record and for the most part all have at least one signature win. If they win Friday, maybe they deserve ten spot, b ut they need a win Friday before they can really lay any claim at a spot in the top ten.

 

Exactly what I have said multiple times. May have been a fluke, but if they come out like they did on BW, then the will definitely give Bellevue a game. This list of 10 certainly has a wide range in it. It's really like a top 7-8 and everyone else would be 15 or 16.

 

I also do not know what other Bellevues and Daytons there are out there in other parts of the State.

I would go #6 Russellville, #7 Williamsburg, #8 Raceland. Rville is solid, Williamsburg seems pretty good and well Raceland last week answered alot of questions and was over hyped

 

In the Mayfield/Russellville thread you said this

 

The Cards will come out of the gate scoring and not take the foot off the pedal until the half. Cards early and often

 

So if Rville is solid where is Mayfield then?

In the Mayfield/Russellville thread you said this

 

 

 

So if Rville is solid where is Mayfield then?

 

Soliderrrrr

 

I think they are solid but I think the difference in class A teams from #5 through 32 are a huge dropoff

No respect. you guys hate the fact that NKY ( NCC and B'Wood) and Mayfield has dominated Class A so long that u are so quick to disrespect. Quit being haters and get real. Beechwood has played a very, very tough schedule and most of that without one if the Top 10 players in the state. They will crush most all teams on list with exception to Mayfield and Frankfort.

The three teams Dayton has beaten have a combined record of 7-17. Going 3-5 with wins against mediocore teams and losses to some average at best teams won't get you much if any respect.

 

way about the teams that have beat them. Holy Cross was healthy then and since that game have been decimated. Lloyds has lost one game. Walton is a match up nightmare and has lost one game. Other than Newport game, in which their starting an and 2 lineman were hurt they have played a very tough game. Often times teams learn more fROM losses than wins. But your a smart guy and I knew you would know that.

I think Dayton is in contention to be in the top 10 but unfortunately can't afford to lose any players. If they keep their top guys healthy I think they will beat Bellevue and likely win a playoff game. Bellevue has some speed and likes to fly to the ball on defense. I think they can cause some teams trouble as well.

way about the teams that have beat them. Holy Cross was healthy then and since that game have been decimated. Lloyds has lost one game. Walton is a match up nightmare and has lost one game. Other than Newport game, in which their starting an and 2 lineman were hurt they have played a very tough game. Often times teams learn more fROM losses than wins. But your a smart guy and I knew you would know that.

 

Dayton can get to the top ten, but they have to get some wins to get there. Sure in the end the losses early my propel them far in November, but we aren't in November. Rankings are a what have you done system, and to this point Dayton hasn't earned a spot. Win Friday they may be deserving of the 10 spot, and when we get in the 3rd week of the playoffs then they may really have a chance to cement their spot, but as of today they haven't earned a spot in the top 10 over the current ranked teams. I can't justify ranking a 3-5 team with no signature wins.

The three teams Dayton has beaten have a combined record of 7-17. Going 3-5 with wins against mediocore teams and losses to some average at best teams won't get you much if any respect.

 

Which was about the same number of wins for the KY teams Fairview had beaten before they played Raceland.

Which was about the same number of wins for the KY teams Fairview had beaten before they played Raceland.

 

Maybe so, but they did beat Raceland and they are undefeated. I get it's a hard balance to strike but Dayton has lost to several teams with so-so records and they have a losing record themselves. I just can't justify them in the top 10 until I see some more. An undefeated team with a bad schedule jumps a team with a losing record and no wins to hang their hat on, just my opinion. And it doesn't really matter if Dayton belongs in the top 10 they will prove it over the next several weeks and they will have a shot to reach the status as a top 10 top 5 team by the end of the season. It matters where you finish not where you our in September and October.

Find it hard to believe 8 & 9 would beat Dayton. Guess Friday will prove me right or wrong.

 

Still convinced Dayton could beat anyone in this top 10? I'm not convinced Dayton is one of the top 20 teams in Class A after the score Friday, they had a chance to prove they had turned a corner and laid a huge egg.

I would go #6 Russellville, #7 Williamsburg, #8 Raceland. Rville is solid, Williamsburg seems pretty good and well Raceland last week answered alot of questions and was over hyped
Disagree with Raceland being overhyped.

Turned the ball over five times & best running back didn't play after halftime because of a neck injury vs. Fairview. Only other loss was to a good Ashland team.

Still convinced Dayton could beat anyone in this top 10? I'm not convinced Dayton is one of the top 20 teams in Class A after the score Friday, they had a chance to prove they had turned a corner and laid a huge egg.

 

Who said Dayton could beat anyone in the Top 10? I don't recall reading that and I know I never said it. I did think they could and would beat Bellevue. I can't imagine what its like to Coach a team like Dayton. Trying to discipline for breaking rules and balance that with having enough kids to play has to be frustrating. It's sad for the kids that really do care. They have some Talent, but you have to have some support.

 

If you don't think they are even top 20 because of this score, then you have no idea about what else is out there. As sad as it is, even with a score like that, they are certainly top 20.

 

My hats off to Bellevue, they were clearly well-prepared and studied the films of Dayton vs Beechwood. I knew they were stronger than everyone was saying. Even after Beechwood hung a big margin on them.

 

So I'm curious, if they win the 1st round of playoffs, where does that put them? I expect our District to come away with three Wins in round 1 and will be very disapointed if it doesn't happen.

 

 

They definitely didn't put up a fight on Friday.

Disagree with Raceland being overhyped.

Turned the ball over five times & best running back didn't play after halftime because of a neck injury vs. Fairview. Only other loss was to a good Ashland team.

 

It was a great game. Your best player went out at halftime, ours played but was a non factor with a high ankle sprain and could not cut off that ankle. When they meet in the regional championship, both should be healthy.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.