Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

PRP may be able to beat Trinity but at this point with who they have played no way you can justify them in the top 10 much less #5.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballard and Male yet no Bryan Station or Madison Central. :confused:

Ballard and Male have played much stiffer competition...

Ballard and Male have played much stiffer competition...
You MAYBE could say that about Bryan Station...But Madison Central? Please. Madison Central was much more competitive with Lex Cath than was Male.
Not true. There are 3 teams with weaker S.O.S. than S.K. that are in the top 10. I think its more of anti - uk#1fan thing. Thats ok. SK will have their chance when they play #3 Scott County.[/quote

 

 

 

 

These teams are ranked by who they like not by who they think is the best. It is clear they hate SK.

 

So let's hear your top 10.

 

So let's hear your top 10.

 

I would put SK at 4.

Here is a ranking based upon W-L and SOS :

 

 

1 Trinity (Louisville, KY) 7-0 2-0 76.2 48.5

2 St. Xavier (Louisville, KY) 5-3 1-1 47 35.8

3 Madison Central (Richmond, KY) 5-2 1-0 27.5 21.3

4 Eastern (Louisville, KY) 5-2 0-1 29.6 20.7

5 Ballard (Louisville, KY) 4-3 1-0 29.3 25.4

6 Simon Kenton (Independence, KY) 7-1 2-1 35.6 19.5

7 Henderson County (Henderson, KY) 5-2 1-0 30.8 19.1

8 Bryan Station (Lexington, KY) 5-2 1-0 30 16.5

9 Scott County (Georgetown, KY) 6-1 1-0 38.9 14

10 Butler (Louisville, KY) 6-1 1-0 32.4 9.3

11 Male (Louisville, KY) 4-3 0-1 29.1 23.9 (tie)

That is not how you compare someone's strength of schedule, and I guarantee you Madison Central does not want the boys in purple as a first round opponent... Male has played Butler, Eastern, St X, I have no further comment.

You MAYBE could say that about Bryan Station...But Madison Central? Please. Madison Central was much more competitive with Lex Cath than was Male.

I will give this a shot:

 

1. Trinity ... I feel pretty good about this one. :D

2. St. X

3. Scott County ... there really should be no dispute on this.

4. Butler ... it is really murky in Louisville as they are beating each other.

5. Ballard ... a stronger strength of schedule and Eastern win gives them the nod over Eastern.

6. Eastern ... the loss to Butler plus losing to Ballard last week puts them here.

7. Simon Kenton ...you may not like all the small schools on the schedule, but they have played a tough opponent every week.

8. Henderson County ... the Christian Co. win and solid performance versus Bowling Green get them to 8.

9. Male ... they are making it tough to keep them in the top 10.

10. Madison Central

I think PRP deserves to be in the Top 5 and here's why: They're undefeated and even though there schedule isn't very strong, they do have a couple of nice wins. They beat by a solid Desales team by 33 points, whose only other loss was to a very strong Central team by 13. If you think Central is legit, then the comparison on the 2 scores should, at the very least, open your eyes. PRP also defeated Manual by 14, who I realize is down some this year, but, is still, if nothing else, a talented team. Butler beat Manual by 17 and Eastern beat Manual by 21, so, PRPs win was pretty similar. Lastly, I look at the Seneca win. Granted, Seneca is not a real good team, but, I looked at this game because Seneca has played alot of the so-called top 6a teams this year. PRP defeated Seneca by 35 points. This same Seneca team lost to Scott Co by 32, Ballard by 21, Eastern by 21 and Manual by 25. The 1st 3 of those teams are currently ranked 3rd, 6th and 10th in the latest poll and PRP defeated them by a larger margin than any of them.

 

This probably won't convince the PRP naysayers and doubters that they belong, but, at least, that's why I think they deserve to be where they are in the current poll, and apparently the BGP voters agree with me..

My Top 10 would be like this:

 

1) Trinity

2) St X

3) Scott Co

4) PRP

5) Butler

6) S.Kenton

7) Ballard

8) Henderson Co

9) Eastern

10) Campbell Co

I will give this a shot:

 

1. Trinity ... I feel pretty good about this one. :D

2. St. X

3. Scott County ... there really should be no dispute on this.

4. Butler ... it is really murky in Louisville as they are beating each other.

5. Ballard ... a stronger strength of schedule and Eastern win gives them the nod over Eastern.

6. Eastern ... the loss to Butler plus losing to Ballard last week puts them here.

7. Simon Kenton ...you may not like all the small schools on the schedule, but they have played a tough opponent every week.

8. Henderson County ... the Christian Co. win and solid performance versus Bowling Green get them to 8.

9. Male ... they are making it tough to keep them in the top 10.

10. Madison Central

 

How can you call it a solid performance against Bowling Green when they were losing 21-7 after the 1st quarter and the game was called due to thunderstorms?

How can you call it a solid performance against Bowling Green when they were losing 21-7 after the 1st quarter and the game was called due to thunderstorms?

 

Thank you for that information. I thought that was a final score. I was just going off of scores and strength of schedule as I compared the teams and that looks like a 21-7 loss on paper. I still think the Christian Co. win is a good win. So maybe I flip flop Henderson Co. and Male.

Here is a ranking based upon W-L and SOS :

 

 

1 Trinity (Louisville, KY) 7-0 2-0 76.2 48.5

2 St. Xavier (Louisville, KY) 5-3 1-1 47 35.8

3 Madison Central (Richmond, KY) 5-2 1-0 27.5 21.3

4 Eastern (Louisville, KY) 5-2 0-1 29.6 20.7

5 Ballard (Louisville, KY) 4-3 1-0 29.3 25.4

6 Simon Kenton (Independence, KY) 7-1 2-1 35.6 19.5

7 Henderson County (Henderson, KY) 5-2 1-0 30.8 19.1

8 Bryan Station (Lexington, KY) 5-2 1-0 30 16.5

9 Scott County (Georgetown, KY) 6-1 1-0 38.9 14

10 Butler (Louisville, KY) 6-1 1-0 32.4 9.3

11 Male (Louisville, KY) 4-3 0-1 29.1 23.9 (tie)

 

4 Eastern (Louisville, KY) 5-2 0-1 29.6 20.7

5 Ballard (Louisville, KY) 4-3 1-0 29.3 25.4

7 Henderson County (Henderson, KY) 5-2 1-0 30.8 19.1

8 Bryan Station (Lexington, KY) 5-2 1-0 30 16.5

11 Male (Louisville, KY) 4-3 0-1 29.1 23.9

 

Lafayette is 5-3 with a 20.7 SOS. How can they be dropped out of the Top 10 in this situation when teams with worst records and worst SOS are in the Top 10?

Thank you for that information. I thought that was a final score. I was just going off of scores and strength of schedule as I compared the teams and that looks like a 21-7 loss on paper. I still think the Christian Co. win is a good win. So maybe I flip flop Henderson Co. and Male.

 

I agree that it is a good win anytime you beat Christian County. It is also strange to me that they only beat Meade Co 16-8.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.