Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

4 Eastern (Louisville, KY) 5-2 0-1 29.6 20.7

5 Ballard (Louisville, KY) 4-3 1-0 29.3 25.4

7 Henderson County (Henderson, KY) 5-2 1-0 30.8 19.1

8 Bryan Station (Lexington, KY) 5-2 1-0 30 16.5

11 Male (Louisville, KY) 4-3 0-1 29.1 23.9

 

Lafayette is 5-3 with a 20.7 SOS. How can they be dropped out of the Top 10 in this situation when teams with worst records and worst SOS are in the Top 10?

 

Lafayette's only win with much credibility is Bryan Station. I think the winner of the Lafayette / Madison Central game should move be the top 10. I agree with you that Lafayette should be ranked above Bryan Station.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give this a shot:

 

1. Trinity ... I feel pretty good about this one. :D

2. St. X

3. Scott County ... there really should be no dispute on this.

4. Butler ... it is really murky in Louisville as they are beating each other.

5. Ballard ... a stronger strength of schedule and Eastern win gives them the nod over Eastern.

6. Eastern ... the loss to Butler plus losing to Ballard last week puts them here.

7. Simon Kenton ...you may not like all the small schools on the schedule, but they have played a tough opponent every week.

8. Henderson County ... the Christian Co. win and solid performance versus Bowling Green get them to 8.

9. Male ... they are making it tough to keep them in the top 10.

10. Madison Central

 

3. Scott County ... there really should be no dispute on this.

 

Oh, but there is.

 

Scott Co has a lower SOS than SK (19.5) at 14. When you factor in that they have played HHS, this means the rest of their schedule is suspect.

3. Scott County ... there really should be no dispute on this.

 

Oh, but there is.

 

Scott Co has a lower SOS than SK (19.5) at 14. When you factor in that they have played HHS, this means the rest of their schedule is suspect.

 

Sometimes, you have to apply some common sense to the numbers.

 

I would put SK at 4.

 

I didn't ask for just SK but your whole top 10. Look forward to see how you have them ranked and why.

I would put SK ahead of Ballard, Ballard ahead of Henderson Co., Henderson Co. ahead of PRP, PRP ahead of Scott Co., and Scott Co. ahead of X... that would make SK #2!:banana:

Sometimes, you have to apply some common sense to the numbers.

 

Not that I want to wish my life away, but I'm ready for the SK/SC matchup to see where both teams stand. I still can't get on board with SC being #3 in 6A.

Not that I want to wish my life away, but I'm ready for the SK/SC matchup to see where both teams stand. I still can't get on board with SC being #3 in 6A.

 

 

I am sure the Pioneers are looking forward to avenging that 41-0 beat down last year. I know this is very premature, but I would put that game at Scott County 35 Simon Kenton 21.

So who has Simon Kenton beat that should move them up?

So who has Simon Kenton beat that should move them up?

 

I think the Pioneer supporters would say they should have been in the rankings already. Their strength of schedule is good and they only have one loss, which was a last second loss to the defending district champ. If PRP can be in the top ten with that schedule then Simon Kenton should be in there somewhere.

So who has Simon Kenton beat that should move them up?

 

 

 

DATE OPPONENT SITE SCORE

Aug 17, 12 Danville at Lincoln County 12 - 7 (W) Click Death Valley Bowl

Aug 24, 12 Beechwood home 21 - 17 (W) Click

Aug 31, 12 Pulaski County home 50 - 7 (W) Click

Sep 7, 12 Holmes home 31 - 7 (W) Click (called at halftime - lightning)

Sep 15, 12 Newport Central Catholic away 28 - 20 (W) Click

Sep 21, 12 Ryle away 20 - 0 (W) Click

Sep 28, 12 Campbell County home 28 - 29 (L) Click

Oct 5, 12 Boone County home 38 - 20 (W) Click

Oct 11, 12 Dixie Heights away 7:00 PM

Oct 26, 12 Scott County away 7:30 PM

Does beating 1A 1nd 2A schools move you up in 6A? SK has a nice team, but don't believe they would beat CCH, Conner, or Cooper that gave Campbell County their 3 loses.

Does beating 1A 1nd 2A schools move you up in 6A? SK has a nice team, but don't believe they would beat CCH, Conner, or Cooper that gave Campbell County their 3 loses.

 

And if Conner, Cooper and CCath were in 6A, they'd most likely be ranked in the Top 10, too.. Only 3 of those teams are 1a or 2a teams and 90% of the time, these 3 teams would be in the middle to upper half of 6a.. I guess the large win over Holmes isn't any good, either, because they're a 4a team.. Go to some of the NCC and Beechwood threads and they'll tell how good Holmes really is.. They're great over there, but, they suck in all the SK threads, so, I can't really tell you..

Turnovers have plaqued Hendo all year. 18 turnovers in 7 games. The Meade County game was no exception, as Hendo turned it over 5 times in the 16-8 win. As for the BG game, it was called with around 6:00 to go in the 2nd qtr with Bowling Green ahead 21-7. Henderson County had outgained BG in total yards at that point something like 130-120 and was on the BG 38 when the game was called. I am sure that Hendo could not have kept up with the BG quick strike offense score for score, but the BG Defense was definitely struggling to stop Hendo as well. It was just a metter of whether Hendo could hold onto the ball as to what would determine whether it was a lopsided BG win or not.

And if Conner, Cooper and CCath were in 6A, they'd most likely be ranked in the Top 10, too.. Only 3 of those teams are 1a or 2a teams and 90% of the time, these 3 teams would be in the middle to upper half of 6a.. I guess the large win over Holmes isn't any good, either, because they're a 4a team.. Go to some of the NCC and Beechwood threads and they'll tell how good Holmes really is.. They're great over there, but, they suck in all the SK threads, so, I can't really tell you..

 

Holmes did not have Peterson available for the SK game. Not saying that Holmes would have one, but that kid is the most athletically gifted I've seen for awhile. Enough to have made Holmes competitive in their SK game.

As for the BG game, it was called with around 6:00 to go in the 2nd qtr with Bowling Green ahead 21-7. Henderson County had outgained BG in total yards at that point something like 130-120 and was on the BG 38 when the game was called. I am sure that Hendo could not have kept up with the BG quick strike offense score for score, but the BG Defense was definitely struggling to stop Hendo as well. It was just a metter of whether Hendo could hold onto the ball as to what would determine whether it was a lopsided BG win or not.
In 2011, BG was only ahead of Henderson 20-7 at the half and the Henderson offense had similar success in the first half. That game ended up 55-7. Henderson is probably a top 10 team offensively when they don't turn it over. But their defense and special teams are not top 10 calibar.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.