Highlands schedule in 2013

jbwill2

What does any of the above have to do with anything I stated?

Clyde, let's just say that I think you'll be eating your previous statement about it being a low attended game. This game will probably be the most attended game of the year for Highlands. It's certainly one of the most anticipated. There are quite a few folks, including myself, who enjoy seeing how the Commonwealth truly stacks up to some of the nation's best football states. And Florida is definitely one of the best.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clyde' date=' let's just say that I think you'll be eating your previous statement about it being a low attended game. This game will probably be the most attended game of the year for Highlands. It's certainly one of the most anticipated. There are quite a few folks, including myself, who enjoy seeing how the Commonwealth truly stacks up to some of the nation's best football states. And Florida is definitely one of the best.[/quote']

Besides the matchup, the hoopla and excitement surrounding the media exposure, add in the improvements to the facility (scoreboard/pressbox/PA announcer) and I for one think this is a "must see" game for a whole bunch of people.

Rarely does Ft Thomas and Highlands disappoint and not put on a great show,,,:thumb:

Plus I think the tailgating will be second to none for this game. I rarely get to tailgate as by the time I get off work on Friday, I have just enough time to go to game. With this being a Saturday afternoon game, I may make my way up there a little early to tailgate. I expect the tailgating lot to be packed early.

Besides the matchup, the hoopla and excitement surrounding the media exposure, add in the improvements to the facility (scoreboard/pressbox/PA announcer) and I for one think this is a "must see" game for a whole bunch of people.

Rarely does Ft Thomas and Highlands disappoint and not put on a great show,,,:thumb:

I know about the scoreboard with video in it.

I assume you are talking about the kid being the PA announcer improvement. Hopefully that proves true.

What is going on with the pressbox?

I assume you are talking about the kid being the PA announcer improvement. Hopefully that proves true.

The old pressbox was removed and a new one is being constructed in the same location.

It appears to be slightly larger and the interior will be much more functional to allow for better separation of the - 1) home team coaches, 2) radio/tv crew, 3) timer/announcer, and 4) visiting team coaches.

I believe it still is but I am sure there will be crowd there who wouldn't mind having another fat alumni rubbing elbows with them.

You know where to find our family. We will be the one with the Highlands bus flying the H flag full staff...

You are always welcome to join us along with many other Highlands alum and faithful...

The new pressbox will be nice for those that use it. It is approx 500 s.f. of climate controlled space (AC and Heat for TOG) and an observation deck on top.

Basically they have doubled the size of the existing facility and this facility will provide HS teams with a user friendly experience that will rival any in the state.

Bout time Highlands begins it quest to bring its Football facilities up to par with other programs across the State and more importantly in line with the success's of the Football program...

Lots of other top notch improvements coming, stayed tuned...

• 2 weeks later...
This season they're ranked 152 in state. They've apparently got a tremendous Guard by the name of Josh Allen. Other than that' date=' they've recently been polled as one of the least likely teams to repeat as 2A champs in the State of Florida.[/quote']

Just checked MaxPreps and they've got University Christian ranked 74th in state and 979 nationally. According to them, they're just as strong if not stronger than last years state championship team.