Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Compromise Reached

Featured Replies

Apparently, it can be "un-bona-fided" if necessary. Ask the Mitchell's.

Don't want to rehash that argument, but wasn't the transfer rules changed AFTER the Mitchell's case?

  • Replies 100
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And back to the rural/urban situation you mentioned earlier. For a good number of rural counties. There is one MS choice in the county and one HS choice in the county. They are going to play at the HS from the MS, unless they move out of the county or drive out of the county for school.

 

 

Doesn't matter. A rule's a rule.

 

What about if feeder systems are defined for open enrollment districts and private schools? What do you think will be said about that 8th grader from Meyer's Middle school wants to play for Seneca (close together)? Then, they take the test to get into Manual and BOOM! They find out they're some sort of genius, and off they go! Now, that kid is playing at Manual!

 

Again, if you want fair and equitible, let's address ALL these things!

LOL!!!!!!! This is too funny. I believe "open enrollment" schools will have their feeder schools defined by the BOC of the KHSAA. Enjoy that one folks! Be careful what you ask for...

 

Also, it looks like Male could be seriously hurt. They will be limited to what, 1 or 2 schools now? :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

 

How do you define feeder schools for a Magnet system?

Doesn't matter. A rule's a rule.

 

What about if feeder systems are defined for open enrollment districts and private schools? What do you think will be said about that 8th grader from Meyer's Middle school wants to play for Seneca (close together)? Then, they take the test to get into Manual and BOOM! They find out they're some sort of genius, and off they go! Now, that kid is playing at Manual!

 

Again, if you want fair and equitible, let's address ALL these things!

I agree. I have consistently said that don't lay this all on the doorstep of the privates. There are other schools doing similar things and the privates were just getting the blame.

 

Whatever occurs, some group is going to be perturbed and some kid is going to not get their way because of the big, bad KHSAA.

I agree. I have consistently said that don't lay this all on the doorstep of the privates. There are other schools doing similar things and the privates were just getting the blame.

 

Whatever occurs, some group is going to be perturbed and some kid is going to not get their way because of the big, bad KHSAA.

 

 

I'm not willing to lay the blame at the feet of the adminstrative organization. This blame lies squarely at the delegate membership, and their (from my perspective) jealousy and unwillingness to address that which could help them.

I am a public school graduate and coach at a public school. Athletic participation is a part of a healthy high school environment and experience. Telling a 12, 13 year old that we have to decide on where you want to go to 7th grade because it may impact your ability to play sports in high school for your 9th and 10th grade years seems a little over the top for me. How does this proposal help the kids???

I am a public school graduate and coach at a public school. Athletic participation is a part of a healthy high school environment and experience. Telling a 12, 13 year old that we have to decide on where you want to go to 7th grade because it may impact your ability to play sports in high school for your 9th and 10th grade years seems a little over the top for me. How does this proposal help the kids???

 

 

Sadly, I don't think anyone who supports Prop 20, or anything close, is thinking about the kids. It's all about the hardware. :cry:

I think in NKY at least, it is a bigger problem than you might think. Lot of moving around of players, at least on the girls side, in NKY.

 

Such as?

 

And define "lot of moving around of players". 1? 2?

So, do you think that for football, if they go to a CC private Catholic middle school, NCC will be the ONLY choice. If so, NCC has to be loving this. They may get some kids that would have ended up at CovCath or Highlands.

 

 

Those kids already go to NCC. There are some exceptions that would go to Campbell Co. or Highlands but this would probably eliminate those.

I am a public school graduate and coach at a public school. Athletic participation is a part of a healthy high school environment and experience. Telling a 12, 13 year old that we have to decide on where you want to go to 7th grade because it may impact your ability to play sports in high school for your 9th and 10th grade years seems a little over the top for me. How does this proposal help the kids???

 

:thumb:

 

Sitting out for two years is too severe.

I think this will have a drastic effect. Look at the LexCath girls basketball program. Several of their players attending public middle schools and then transferred into the top program in Central KY their freshmen year.

 

That would not have happened under this compromise. I believe they would be missing several players off their #1 rated team this year, under these guidelines.

 

I agree that it could have a drastic effect but on a whole lot of students at various schools not just the LexCaths.

 

(If enacted as has been talked about) it also means that the 9th player on Highlands girls team won't be able to play basketball for two years because she went to a private grade school before entering Highlands even though her two older sisters did the same thing and played.

 

It means the second string goalie for CovCath's boys team won't be able to play for two years even though his family are active members of a parish but sent their son to the public grade/middle school 25 yards from their house instead of a private grade school miles away, but he always wanted to go to high school where his dad did.

Hold on a minute. There is a slur there that I can not allow to go unchallenged. The spirit of the KHSAA is to develop student athletes to their full potential usng sports as one mechanism. There is nothing that the private schools do that is in conflict with that. A constant thread that runs through many of your comments is that the private schools do more than some other schools or communities are willing to do and that somehow that is unfair. I reject that premise. It is not my problem if your school system or community won't take the steps to fix its problems. I refuse to accept that out of fairness, my school should break its system until it has the same problems that yours has. Get it through your head. We are, as a whole, not breaking the letter or the spirit of the rules. In the rare case when a rule is broken, (i.e. the recent LexCath case) punishment should be swift and severe.

 

Remember my PM Alum :thumb:

I agree that it could have a drastic effect but on a whole lot of students at various schools not just the LexCaths.

 

(If enacted as has been talked about) it also means that the 9th player on Highlands girls team won't be able to play basketball for two years because she went to a private grade school before entering Highlands even though her two older sisters did the same thing and played.

 

It means the second string goalie for CovCath's boys team won't be able to play for two years even though his family are active members of a parish but sent their son to the public grade/middle school 25 yards from their house instead of a private grade school miles away, but he always wanted to go to high school where his dad did.

 

I agree, the whole thing just adds more bureacracy to the whole process and makes it a bigger pain for the KHSAA to "supervise".

Question about defining a feeder school system for Louisville's Catholic Schools....

 

 

Which parishes would feed into which high schools?

 

I'm totally confounded about how that will work....

 

For instance, Assumption is right next door to St. Raphael. I'd say Trinity and X are equidistant, pretty much, from Raphael. How would that work?

 

I'd assume that girls from Raphael would go to Assumption.

 

 

And, on the flip side, Asencsion is obviously closer to Trinity, but pretty much equidistant, as the crow flies, to Assumption and Sacred Heart.

 

Oh...HOW CONFOUNDING!

 

What about the parish schools in surrounding counties?

 

Would Bullitt County Catholic grade schools go to X, and Oldham to Trinity?

Question about defining a feeder school system for Louisville's Catholic Schools....

 

 

Which parishes would feed into which high schools?

 

I'm totally confounded about how that will work....

 

For instance, Assumption is right next door to St. Raphael. I'd say Trinity and X are equidistant, pretty much, from Raphael. How would that work?

 

I'd assume that girls from Raphael would go to Assumption.

 

 

And, on the flip side, Asencsion is obviously closer to Trinity, but pretty much equidistant, as the crow flies, to Assumption and Sacred Heart.

 

Oh...HOW CONFOUNDING!

 

What about the parish schools in surrounding counties?

 

Would Bullitt County Catholic grade schools go to X, and Oldham to Trinity?

 

The more I think about this proposal, the more I think the legality of it will be questioned.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.