Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will the NCAA Investigate former Duke player Lance Thomas?

Featured Replies

I think Lance Thomas is an idiot and his selfish actions could likely cost Duke a championship and stain Coach K's legacy. I just want to know why in the hell he needed 97K in jewelry when he was a college student. Idiot. That's what I think.

 

Agreed. What will become of this? Nothing good can. As a Duke fan I will admit I'm afraid of what will happen. This kids actions might have just caused a huge uproar among the Duke community.

This is the type of thing that tarnished Tressle's reputation. Something he didnt know about or could have stopped. Only time will tell on what becomes of it.

  • Replies 121
  • Views 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coach K still has work to do to be looked at like Coach Cal. About all this does is further advance the perception that all coaches cheat. Even Coach K.

I'm no Duke fan but I hope he is not as guilty as he appears. The positive of this is maybe the NCAA will come to their senses and realize that their rules are stupid. These kids need to be compensated in some way.

 

Of course every school cheats the difference is sometimes it's blatant and sometimes it's a kid doing something selfish and stupid.

This situation is very disappointing.

 

It really is. As a UK fan I get 0 joy out of see other schools in trouble, if Duke is indeed in trouble. I find especially troubling when it is caused by a selfish individual.

 

The UNC situation to me was much worse.

 

Here is the sobering reality. Any school, including UK, could fall victim to the actions of a stupid teenager.

If Duke were penalized, and were stripped of the National Championship, the national debt could be erased by selling raffle tickets for the right to cut down the banner at Cameron Indoor Stadium. :lol::lol:

It really is. As a UK fan I get 0 joy out of see other schools in trouble, if Duke is indeed in trouble. I find especially troubling when it is caused by a selfish individual.

 

The UNC situation to me was much worse.

 

Here is the sobering reality. Any school, including UK, could fall victim to the actions of a stupid teenager.

 

Couldn't agree more here. Again, just a stupid thing to do with no sense of what would become of it. At the time he probably thought he was the coolest thing in the world showing off his "bling". Now, he could go down as one of the most hated Dukies OF Duke fans.

If Duke were penalized, and were stripped of the National Championship, the national debt could be erased by selling raffle tickets for the right to cut down the banner at Cameron Indoor Stadium. :lol::lol:

 

That is very true. :lol:

Couldn't agree more here. Again, just a stupid thing to do with no sense of what would become of it. At the time he probably thought he was the coolest thing in the world showing off his "bling". Now, he could go down as one of the most hated Dukies OF Duke fans.

 

No doubt. I am headed to the Duke board to see the damage. :lol:

Coach K still has work to do to be looked at like Coach Cal. About all this does is further advance the perception that all coaches cheat. Even Coach K.

 

See, that's where I disagree. If LT bought jewelry and was funded by an agent without Coach K's knowledge, then how is that Coach K's fault? Similar to Camby. Players are involved with lots of "outside" influences these days and coaches should not be held responsible IMO.

 

You can't watch them 24/7.

Couldn't agree more here. Again, just a stupid thing to do with no sense of what would become of it. At the time he probably thought he was the coolest thing in the world showing off his "bling". Now, he could go down as one of the most hated Dukies OF Duke fans.

 

Good news for Lance is he would be the favorite Dukie for the rest of the civilized world.

"Rafaello & Co. is suing Thomas for the remaining $67,800, which he agreed to pay within 15 days of his purchase. The lawsuit was filed in Texas in January." Big question here is, where did this kid think he would get that money to pay the rest of that off?

  • Author
Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'd like to know where the 30K came from. Of course, it doesn't matter where it came from. He's guilty as hell in KY and NC so let's just get the show on the road.

 

I honestly believe that because it's Duke, absolutely nothing will happen no matter what.

 

I honestly believe that if it were one of Coach Cal's players, the season would probably already be vacated, regardless of whether or not Cal/the school had anything to do with it.

  • Author
"Rafaello & Co. is suing Thomas for the remaining $67,800, which he agreed to pay within 15 days of his purchase. The lawsuit was filed in Texas in January." Big question here is, where did this kid think he would get that money to pay the rest of that off.

 

And is it normal for a company to let someone that young borrow $67,800 worth of jewelry until they can pay it off. Or did they let him do it because of his status as a potential NBA'er.

See, that's where I disagree. If LT bought jewelry and was funded by an agent without Coach K's knowledge, then how is that Coach K's fault? Similar to Camby. Players are involved with lots of "outside" influences these days and coaches should not be held responsible IMO.

 

You can't watch them 24/7.

 

Whoa, am I about to agree with you? Maybe I should lay off the kool aid.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.