Will the NCAA Investigate former Duke player Lance Thomas?

halfback20

See, that's where I disagree. If LT bought jewelry and was funded by an agent without Coach K's knowledge, then how is that Coach K's fault? Similar to Camby. Players are involved with lots of "outside" influences these days and coaches should not be held responsible IMO.

You can't watch them 24/7.

Most people don't care to hear that John Calipari knew nothing about Camby or Rose's infractions. They don't care. Camby and Rose were ineligible, therefore Cal is a cheater.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, that's where I disagree. If LT bought jewelry and was funded by an agent without Coach K's knowledge, then how is that Coach K's fault? Similar to Camby. Players are involved with lots of "outside" influences these days and coaches should not be held responsible IMO.

You can't watch them 24/7.

No. But I have a hard time believing that a well known basketball player from Duke can walk around with that kind of jewelry and no one knows about it. Just like guys on 1996 UK team couldn't drive around in their cars without us seeing and knowing about them.

I honestly believe that because it's Duke, absolutely nothing will happen no matter what.

I honestly believe that if it were one of Coach Cal's players, the season would probably already be vacated, regardless of whether or not Cal/the school had anything to do with it.

Come on HB, taking it a bit far there. You don't seem to me as one of those that buy into the whole "NCAA loves Duke/Coach K."

"Rafaello & Co. is suing Thomas for the remaining $67,800, which he agreed to pay within 15 days of his purchase. The lawsuit was filed in Texas in January." Big question here is, where did this kid think he would get that money to pay the rest of that off?

And it was Lance Thomas. There isn't an agent in the world who would front him that kind of money. I'm looking forward to seeing where the money trail leads to.

This situation is very disappointing.

Agreed. I hate to see it. But I will be more disappointed if the NCAA doesn't treat Duke the same as they have other schools in the past. That's assuming he did something wrong.

If he did nothing wrong, I hope nothing happens and it goes away.

I honestly believe that because it's Duke, absolutely nothing will happen no matter what.

I honestly believe that if it were one of Coach Cal's players, the season would probably already be vacated, regardless of whether or not Cal/the school had anything to do with it.

:lol: :lol:

No. But I have a hard time believing that a well known basketball player from Duke can walk around with that kind of jewelry and no one knows about it. Just like guys on 1996 UK team couldn't drive around in their cars without us seeing and knowing about them.

Very true but I find it hard to imagine at that stage in Coach K's career that he would have turned a blind eye to this.

And is it normal for a company to let someone that young borrow $67,800 worth of jewelry until they can pay it off. Or did they let him do it because of his status as a potential NBA'er.

This is what I was thinking. Rafaello and Co must be run by the biggest idiots in the world, well second biggest. Thomas is the biggest for spending $97,000 on jewelry. Was he preparing for his fall back career as a pimp if the NBA didn't pan out?