20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Mayfield
    • Murray

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Murray play once this year and I was impressed, although Calloway offered little as an opponent. The game will be at Murray, Mayfield is coming off a big win against PT and will probably have somewhat of a (letdown), so I think it will be closer than some think. Mayfield by 14

I have seen Murray play once this year and I was impressed, although Calloway offered little as an opponent. The game will be at Murray, Mayfield is coming off a big win against PT and will probably have somewhat of a (letdown), so I think it will be closer than some think. Mayfield by 14

Really? Mayfield could have somewhat of a letdown versus Murray? Even from way up here in N. Ky. and my limited knowledge of these two and their rivalry (plus the Scott issue), there is absolutely no way Mayfield could have a letdown of any kind in this game.

Really? Mayfield could have somewhat of a letdown versus Murray? Even from way up here in N. Ky. and my limited knowledge of these two and their rivalry (plus the Scott issue), there is absolutely no way Mayfield could have a letdown of any kind in this game.

I hope you are correct and I am wrong. The reasons you state as basis for your opinion are valid, as are mine.

Mayfield doesn't have

let downs against Murray.

As a rule I'd say you are correct, this is a heated rivalry ( although I use that term loosely, for Murray has beaten Mayfield what, once in the last 20 years) I don't kno the exact figures, I didn't google them, but I also don't kno if we have ever played them AFTER playing PT. All the reasons voice and you have stated are valid, but it will be hard for us to match that intensity we had last Friday. I'm not sayin MHS loses, we won't, but it may be tighter than some think, again, I hope I'm wrong.

I think the biggest question coming into the game is Murray's offense ... can the Tigers move the ball consistently and put up points against good teams? They only scored 10 points against a Graves team that didn't tackle all that well and gave up considerably more than that the week before.

Murray's game is defense, ball control and field position. Their defense has plenty of speed and generally does very well against spread teams, although Mayfield does have Jackson heading the ground game and probably a better passing game and group of receivers than they have faced in a while. Murray did a decent job against Graves' big offensive line.

Both defenses are very good, among the best in this end of the state. Mayfield's weakness has been the secondary, but Murray rarely throws the ball so I don't know if they will try much to exploit it or not. Tilghman did, with some success.

You need a positive pill, rook. Mayfield is 75-15 against Murray. The last time they won was when there was a blue moon.

Why do I need a positive pill? I said we would win! Just not sure it will be a blowout! Believe me, I hope we beat them with a continuous clock!