Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A #1 Mayfield vs. 2A #5 Murray

Who wins? 20 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Mayfield
      100%
      20
    • Murray
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

not sure I follow you, they did play last year for the first time in a long time

 

Came across goofy. I meant 2-3 seasons before.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea they have been very good since Duncan arrived

Really? Mayfield could have somewhat of a letdown versus Murray? Even from way up here in N. Ky. and my limited knowledge of these two and their rivalry (plus the Scott issue), there is absolutely no way Mayfield could have a letdown of any kind in this game.

 

I agree, I would rather Mf win this game than Pt or Graves but that is just me. THe kids today don't seem to share older Cards dislike of Murray

L Scott is no longer with the Murray football team

I HATE Murray!

You "HATE" Murray? Isn't it a little late in life to be holding high school grudges that these KIDS have no clue about?

The Cards should win this game by a couple of TDs. Murray is too young and inexperienced to have a shot. They will try to control the tempo and play ball control which is what they should do. But I do not think they can stop Mayfield. It helped last week that the Graves County game was in windy conditions in stopping their aerial attack. They did move the ball at will against the Eagles.

 

Best of luck to both squads on a clean game.

yea they have been very good since Duncan arrived

Duncan has done well with the program. Whether you "HATE" them or not, it is good to have these older teams do well.

Came across goofy. I meant 2-3 seasons before.

 

Correct. They went through a phase of not playing and during that time a few seasons ago Murray was pretty darn strong. The year they lost to Fort Campbell in the regional finals I believe they were the second best team in 2A. Last year they advanced further, but they were not as good. Even less as good this year.

L Scott is no longer with the Murray football team

 

Haven't heard that tooth, He quit or get booted?

L Scott is no longer with the Murray football team
Any other details TP?

Yes it was not by his choice as he violated team and school rules. I'm not sure how much is acceptable to say on here but anyway he is gone A pm might be the better way to tell it

Yes it was not by his choice as he violated team and school rules. I'm not sure how much is acceptable to say on here but anyway he is gone A pm might be the better way to tell it

Wow, such a sad ordeal. This young man had the potential to be one of the top athletes to come out of Ky this year! SAD!!

I've seen Mayfield play twice this year, and I watched the Murray/Calloway matchup. I highly doubt Murray will be able to stay in the wishbone the entire game like they did against Calloway and expect to beat Mayfield. The only pass I remember Murray completing in the Calloway game was a hail mary right before half time, and while it was a completion, it wasn't pretty. Murray will need to get lucky and bust MANY big plays to have a chance. And Mayfield's offense operates like a well oiled machine. They are balanced and do a great job of picking apart the defense on the ground or through the air. Maybe they can eliminate the fumbles.....

You "HATE" Murray? Isn't it a little late in life to be holding high school grudges that these KIDS have no clue about?

 

 

Yes, cant stand the culture though it appears to be changing

 

Scott is confirmed to be off Murray team. With that and a DB out I think it will be hard for Murray to hang with the Cards. Based on Murray depth chart this will lead to the Tigers starting 2 freshmen DB's and a freshman DE. I predict Cards by 20+ given the circumstances

Edited by Toothpick

Yes it was not by his choice as he violated team and school rules. I'm not sure how much is acceptable to say on here but anyway he is gone A pm might be the better way to tell it

 

Then shoot me the PM.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.