2006 Preseason 1A Poll

That is wrong information. This years juniors beat Beechwood like 36 to 0 as freshman.My son is a junior and I was at the game. The score might be a little off but it was in the 30's and beechwood definately had 0.But with that said everything else is definately true. That freshman game means nothing because Beechwood seems to pull the games out every year against the varsity breds.I will say one thing though, My heart might explode if have another game next year like the last three with Beechwood.Those games are so hard to watch coming down to the last minute.With Yeagle gone maybe we can finally pull it off.

I made a mistake--I meant "juniors to be" (so currently sophomores) you are right about the current junior class. . . . . .

So--I left a word out. It just goes to show that NCC always loves to beat a Beechwood guy at something . . . . .

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you trying to say the only reason they won that game is because player were suspended.Please that was a great game and Kevin Smith (NCC 2nd all time leading rusher I beleive) had over 300 yards. The next game that year you guys should go thank Wera, because he had the kind of game Kevin had in the first one.

Say what you want--9 out of the 10 who were suspended were starters. And--Beechwood was driving for the win when Wera threw an interception. You would think that NCC could have blown out Beechwood if they were missing 9 starters (and remember--they were important starters--most notibly--Peach).

Shoulda, woulda, coulda whatever--Smith doesn't end up with 300 yards if those 9 starters would have played (see game 2--playoffs).

And the last time I checked--Beechwood won the one that counts . . . . . . .

NCC is the defending state champions. They deserve to be #1 until someone beats them (and not just because they are defending champions). They have a great team/program.

• 3 weeks later...
On offence returning is center Bob schneider, Tackle Zach keirnan, and tackle Noah litmer. they lose Justin Smith and Chris weir. Replacing probably will be Clayton Stone ,and Ziggy. On defence they lose Justin and Chas seimer,Returning will Be Zach and Noah.

Just to clarify some of your facts are a little off. First the defensive line. In the beginning it was Chris Weir and Justin Smith at d ends and Zack Kiernan and Chaz Siemer in the middle. During the year Ziggy Niedzielski stepped up and split time with Chris Weir at d end. When Kiernan went out late in the year Bob Schneider started d tackle. Noah Litmer didn't play defense so he's not considered a returning starter although he could see more playing time there this year.

Projected D line has Ziggy, Kiernan, and Bob and a spot for several candidates to fight for, namely Dorger, Giesler, Ciani, Wedding, Keating, and several others.

Now the O Line. The year started out as Zack Kiernan and Noah Litmer at tackles, Justin Smith and Chris Weir at guard, and Bob Schneider at center. Clinton Ciani and Ziggy Niedzielski were the back ups. As the year progressed Ziggy won a starting job before the Ludlow game and Noah and Ciani were the backups. Late in the year Ciani found more playing time with Kiernan injured starting in the Ludlow, Bellevue (regular season), Somerset, and Mayfield games. However Eric Wedding and John Keating (some up and coming juniors) will be fighting for playing time as well on both of the lines.

With nothing set in stone and the season still a ways off here is a projected o line. Kiernan (6'6" 245) Ziggy (5'11" 205) Schneider (5'10" 208) Litmer (6'4" 210) Ciani (6'2" 235). This certainly is subject to change before the season, but a side note here is that every one of them is a senior on the projected o line. The same senior line that went undefeated freshman year blocking for Michael Vicars.

Just to clarify some of your facts are a little off. First the defensive line. In the beginning it was Chris Weir and Justin Smith at d ends and Zack Kiernan and Chaz Siemer in the middle. During the year Ziggy Niedzielski stepped up and split time with Chris Weir at d end. When Kiernan went out late in the year Bob Schneider started d tackle. Noah Litmer didn't play defense so he's not considered a returning starter although he could see more playing time there this year.

Projected D line has Ziggy, Kiernan, and Bob and a spot for several candidates to fight for, namely Dorger, Giesler, Ciani, Wedding, Keating, and several others.

Now the O Line. The year started out as Zack Kiernan and Noah Litmer at tackles, Justin Smith and Chris Weir at guard, and Bob Schneider at center. Clinton Ciani and Ziggy Niedzielski were the back ups. As the year progressed Ziggy won a starting job before the Ludlow game and Noah and Ciani were the backups. Late in the year Ciani found more playing time with Kiernan injured starting in the Ludlow, Bellevue (regular season), Somerset, and Mayfield games. However Eric Wedding and John Keating (some up and coming juniors) will be fighting for playing time as well on both of the lines.

With nothing set in stone and the season still a ways off here is a projected o line. Kiernan (6'6" 245) Ziggy (5'11" 205) Schneider (5'10" 208) Litmer (6'4" 210) Ciani (6'2" 235). This certainly is subject to change before the season, but a side note here is that every one of them is a senior on the projected o line. The same senior line that went undefeated freshman year blocking for Michael Vicars.

I think Michael Vicars will get the ball more next year and put up serious numbers. He is very fast and runs with desire. Will definatly be interesting!

Well I hope you are joking. Bellevue loses a whole lot more than NCC.NCC loses 5 on offence and 6 on defence.There O-line and D-line 90 percent are back. There QB next year will lacking exp. but is every bit as capable as Deihl. I expect Harris to win the starting job.NCC I think will reload and be fighting at the end again. Maybe not state but I think region isn't out of the question.

As for Bellevue,I think they will struggle to make the play-offs. They were a senior dominated team last year and will have to replace almost everybody.

If the Vickers kid is back and stays healthy NCC will be back in the thick of things this year.

Who's pikeville's competition in the region?

Among others, the top teams (ones that have made the playoffs the last few years):

Paintsville

Hazard

Somerset

Lynn Camp

Harlan

South Floyd

Phelps

Evarts

Cumberland

Among others, the top teams (ones that have made the playoffs the last few years):

Paintsville

Hazard

Somerset

Lynn Camp

Harlan

South Floyd

Phelps

Evarts

Cumberland

I agree with that list minus SF and phelps. The rest are in the hunt almost every year and 2 are in our own district. Its funny how our critics used to cry about how we played in a "Weak" district.

Nothing is official in reclassification until next fall. Going by last year's figures, Bardstown looks to stay in Class A, although an upsurge in enrollment could put them back in 2A.

Not a classification question. But is it true Mayfield QB Blake Shelton has quit the team and just wants to concentrate on basketball? I know he hasn't been attending their spring practices.