2006 Preseason 1A Poll

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Newport Central Catholic lost nearly all the receivers and most importantly the QB, so even though they will be stacked on the lines it is hard to make them #1, but most likely Top 5.

2. Mayfield lost all the RBs/FBs and a lot of OL but they may still go far but #2 is maybe too high.

3. Danville probably has the most upside/potential with what they return.

4. Pikeville's second year in the system should improve with experience and could be a major player.

5. Somerset lost the RB and wasn't real deep but should be somewhere near the top if they can improve defense.

6. Beechwood who knows with new coach. Return some line, lose the QB and RB.

7. Louisville Holy Cross always worthy of Top 10 and one year will break thru.

8. Lynn Camp should be in the mix with Pikeville and Somerset.

9. Bellevue lost everyone, will be in dogfight to make playoffs.

10. LCA lost a lot and not large numbers or depth but still should win district.

Important to remember what districts have to travel this year.

1. Newport Central Catholic lost nearly all the receivers and most importantly the QB, so even though they will be stacked on the lines it is hard to make them #1, but most likely Top 5.

2. Mayfield lost all the RBs/FBs and a lot of OL but they may still go far but #2 is maybe too high.

3. Danville probably has the most upside/potential with what they return.

4. Pikeville's second year in the system should improve with experience and could be a major player.

5. Somerset lost the RB and wasn't real deep but should be somewhere near the top if they can improve defense.

6. Beechwood who knows with new coach. Return some line, lose the QB and RB.

7. Louisville Holy Cross always worthy of Top 10 and one year will break thru.

8. Lynn Camp should be in the mix with Pikeville and Somerset.

9. Bellevue lost everyone, will be in dogfight to make playoffs.

10. LCA lost a lot and not large numbers or depth but still should win district.

Important to remember what districts have to travel this year.

I disagree with your thought on NCC. There #2 QB is as good as Sammy IMO. The running Game with a 2nd year line will be even better this year.I think NCC is going to be the team to beat this yaer,from the beginning.

I disagree with your thought on NCC. There #2 QB is as good as Sammy IMO. The running Game with a 2nd year line will be even better this year.I think NCC is going to be the team to beat this yaer,from the beginning.

The #2 QB (Parr) at the end of the year was a Frosh last year. That could change by next season depending on if Sr. Harris returns to be a QB. But coming off of two years of surgeries and inactivity that may never happen.

The #2 QB (Parr) at the end of the year was a Frosh last year. That could change by next season depending on if Sr. Harris returns to be a QB. But coming off of two years of surgeries and inactivity that may never happen.

Parr was actually #4. They will have Harris, then Wes Deihl,Then Parr.

Parr was actually #4. They will have Harris, then Wes Deihl,Then Parr.

If Deihl went down in the state final Parr was the QB. And did play the final two series. Also played against Lex. Christian and Bellevue in the playoffs.

Hopefully Harris is healthy for next year as he has a great arm and good size.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a little crazy right now the season is about 5 to 6 months away. I don't know if there needs to be a preseason poll right now. However I think if Somerset can play there game and have a good off season which I think we should have and can have a good spring and summer we will be a threat to contend this year even though we have lost alot.