2006 Preseason 1A Poll

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think shs will be as tough.......they dont have any talent like a scottie newell ray norman or matt salmons any more.

somerset will not have as much talent because you can't replace players like scottie and ray. But I think we can work hard in the off season and be a more physical team. And I think we can do just as good next season.

somerset will not have as much talent because you can't replace players like scottie and ray. But I think we can work hard in the off season and be a more physical team. And I think we can do just as good next season.

Ray Norman wasn't even the leading receiver last year, and Ross Deaton amassed well over 2,000 yards. Hughes at FB, Hunter at RB, Moore and Cole split...this team will put points on the board. They return the DL except John Jones, 2/4 linebackers, and Kyle Moore at corner. Filling in the secondary is the major task at hand. I wouldn't be surprised to see the coaches place the more physical Moore at safety, opening up the corner slots for Hunter, Kapri Cowan, and possibly John Cole (outstanding coverage in the final game of the year). Like you said shs64, if this team gets physical, the expectations are endless.

1. Danville

2. Newport Central Catholic

3. Holy Cross

4. Pikeville

5. Mayfield

6. Somerset

7. Beechwood

8. Paintsville

9. Lynn Camp

10. Lex Christian

6-10 is very hard, but is this maybe a little more accurate?

If you have Holy Cross at number 3, then Bardstown has got to be in there somewhere. I watched these two several times, and the returners are on equal footing.

No disrespect intended, I'm just looking for opinions. :thumb: What would your list look like?

Danville #1 with returning seniors.

NewCath #2, they were awesome.

Mayfield #3, they own the far west.

I have friends down near Lynn Camp that swear by their up and coming classes, I'll put them at #4 out of the east.

#5-#9, I'm going to say Pick 'Em between Somerset (returning QB), Holy Cross (awful strong offensive and defensive fronts), Pikeville (It won't take more than 2 years for Mike Jackson to have a winner back up there), Beechwood (still strong, but I think the golden days are fading), and Bardstown (still an amazing amount of athleticism returning here).

#10 for my Sleeper Special: Bardstown Bethlehem. This is a team that took Danville down to the wire in the first round last year, and returns the entirety of a very good backfield (Jackson, Simpson, Kays), and will have one of the state's recruited RB's, Billy Jackson. They are a lineman or 2 away from being a contender.

Danville #1 with returning seniors.

NewCath #2, they were awesome.

Mayfield #3, they own the far west.

I have friends down near Lynn Camp that swear by their up and coming classes, I'll put them at #4 out of the east.

#5-#9, I'm going to say Pick 'Em between Somerset (returning QB), Holy Cross (awful strong offensive and defensive fronts), Pikeville (It won't take more than 2 years for Mike Jackson to have a winner back up there), Beechwood (still strong, but I think the golden days are fading), and Bardstown (still an amazing amount of athleticism returning here).

#10 for my Sleeper Special: Bardstown Bethlehem. This is a team that took Danville down to the wire in the first round last year, and returns the entirety of a very good backfield (Jackson, Simpson, Kays), and will have one of the state's recruited RB's, Billy Jackson. They are a lineman or 2 away from being a contender.

No way Lynn Camp better than Pikeville...Somerset maybe, not LC... :cool:

NCC is going to have a senior offensive and defensive lines.They will have a senior RB who ha aleady piled up a little over 2000 yards over the last 2 years.He will be a 3 year starter next year,put that with his returning o-line and I would definately put them in the #1 slot.

Harrodsburg has regrouped after the year they had this past season. If their line develops on offense (they are working on that now) then watch out for RB's Ford and Jackson and QB Edwards. Also, look in the mix for Rashad Buster.
What Harrodsburg needs is more kids to come out and Play!When they played Danville last they played real tough! They just need about 10 or more players on the team! ;)

Danville should be very good this year! Do you know if somerset is comming to Danville this year? ;)

Had a discussion with a gentleman who is pretty involved in the program yesterday, who mentioned Somerset traveling to Danville this year. Danville returning all but 4 or 5 starters, far more than Somerset. Will be interesting to see how Somerset makes up for their losses between now and then. (I.e. offseason, weightlifting, and mentality). For those who were wondering like me

I think Somerset's preseason is:

Franklin County

Southwestern

Warren East

Danville

I don't see why they couldn't win them all if they get in the weightroom.