• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I know that you are smart enough to know that there are differences between RomneyCare and ObamaCare. Differences substantial enough to be able to logically support Romney opposition to ObamaCare inspite of his past actions supporting RomneyCare.

I also dislike your tactics of pointing out minor points without looking at the big picture. Rather than just pointing out what you thought was a gotcha moment in re Romney in response to my post, how about doing a complete analysis of both candidates past actions. That would be a much more intellectually honest endeavor.

Don't be sensitive. It certainly was not a "gotcha" moment. While the plans are not a perfect match the main tenents that are drawing the most complaints by those against it are similar, thus, the valid question in response your declaration that actions speak louder than words.

Comparison between Mr Romney's plan as Governor and the current plan.

Obamacare vs. Romneycare: Is there a difference?

Any reason why you didn't post the articles saying there are fundamental differences? Like this one: Romneycare vs. Obamacare - Times Union by Kathleen Parker of all people. Surely you found it when you did your Google search. I think I know full well why you didn't post it.

And that's my problem Clyde with your style and with a lot of posters in this forum. However, unlike a lot of posters that make no bones about being partisan, you attempt to portray yourself as being above such. Which causes me to be even more bothered with you than with others.

I used to be willing to spend the time needed to respond to threads and posts that I felt were being less than forthright. I'm not too sensitive. I'm frustrated and sick of dealing with it.

I'm going back to my self-imposed ban of this forum.

Comparison between Mr Romney's plan as Governor and the current plan.

Obamacare vs. Romneycare: Is there a difference?

Big HUGE difference:

"It does raise taxes in a number of ways, including new levies on tanning salons, medical devices, and high-end insurance policies. But, unlike Massachusetts, it doesn’t have a higher level of government to turn to for help, so it needs a new source of revenue to cover the cost"

Can't get any more different than that, bottom line. The increase in taxes is the major objection to it, is it not?

I've often said on here that I do not care which way you lean and it never is a motivation for a debate. I WILL challenge you if I think your facts are wrong (regardless of side) or if you're just illogical. It's why I like BGC, for example. Has good info to support an opinion. Logical. Good debater.
Oh wow! I, just for a second, gasped. I misread, what you posted at first. I thought you posted another member that was three letters that began with B. smiley-vault-misc-164.gif

Any reason why you didn't post the articles saying there are fundamental differences? Like this one: Romneycare vs. Obamacare - Times Union by Kathleen Parker of all people. Surely you found it when you did your Google search. I think I know full well why you didn't post it.

And that's my problem Clyde with your style and with a lot of posters in this forum. However, unlike a lot of posters that make no bones about being partisan, you attempt to portray yourself as being above such. Which causes me to be even more bothered with you than with others.

I used to be willing to spend the time needed to respond to threads and posts that I felt were being less than forthright. I'm not too sensitive. I'm frustrated and sick of dealing with it.

I'm going back to my self-imposed ban of this forum.

Accusations are flying today.

I googled something like "romney health plan vs obama" and this was the first link that popped up. Posted the link without comment as I was being dragged out the door to shop for furniture.

Figured it would be discussed while I was gone.

No one is less partisan than me. I am more bothered by hacks who add nothing on either side and do not make an effort to be fair and accurate.

My response to your statement was 100% legit and fair.

Accusations are flying today.

I googled something like "romney health plan vs obama" and this was the first link that popped up. Posted the link without comment as I was being dragged out the door to shop for furniture.

Figured it would be discussed while I was gone.

No one is less partisan than me. I am more bothered by hacks who add nothing on either side and do not make an effort to be fair and accurate.

My response to your statement was 100% legit and fair.

Based on your posts only, I put you in the CNN catagory. You want to appear partisan but have an obvious left lean.