Reds to play Los Angeles Angels on Opening Day 2013

LRCW

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is kind of cool. Most do not know about the first game tradition thing with Cincinnati, but I guarantee they are lot more likely to know about it against the Angels than against the Rockies or whatever other boring NL team.

I think it is kind of cool. Most do not know about the first game tradition thing with Cincinnati, but I guarantee they are lot more likely to know about it against the Angels than against the Rockies or whatever other boring NL team.

Says the casual baseball fan. :lol::lol:

Seriously, how would playing the Angels make a fan more knowledgeable about the Reds tradition than playing the Rockies, Padres or any other NL team?

Says the casual baseball fan. :lol::lol:

Seriously, how would playing the Angels make a fan more knowledgeable about the Reds tradition than playing the Rockies, Padres or any other NL team?

Interest level. Since I am known as a casual baseball fan, the Angels with Albert, Trout, etc. are 10 times more interesting than whoever plays for the Padres. In basketball if UK opens the season against Weber State or UCLA, which do you think the casual fan is likely to watch coverage of?

Interest level. Since I am known as a casual baseball fan, the Angels with Albert, Trout, etc. are 10 times more interesting than whoever plays for the Padres. In basketball if UK opens the season against Weber State or UCLA, which do you think the casual fan is likely to watch coverage of?

I gauged your baseball interest only by the number of times you post in the MLB forum. Opening Day is pretty much always sold out, and the Reds have one of the best TV ratings in baseball so IMO it won't make a difference. It will probably even hurt the Reds attendance wise. The Reds would have probably drawn well with the Angels series sometime later in the summer. The two games after Opening Day, not so much.