Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes' debut on the PGA Tour

Featured Replies

  • Replies 33
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the 3rd round Holmes is 5 under and Tied for 8th. The leader is 14 under par.

  • Author

I love the fact that the "cherubian" shaped J.B. is sponsored by YUM Foods. Classic.

 

He got passed by a bunch of folks yesterday, but a good round today could give him a shot at a 3rd place finish. No one is catching Campbell and Toms.

How did JB do today. I couldn't find the telecast on any of the TV stations.

Holmes tied for 6th in the Sony Tournament. That's a great beginning to his career. I think he finished -7. I couldn't find out how much money he won.

Holmes tied for 6th in the Sony Tournament. That's a great beginning to his career. I think he finished -7. I couldn't find out how much money he won.

 

24th on the money list -- J.B. Holmes 1 start $127,500

24th on the money list -- J.B. Holmes 1 start $127,500

He missed a 3 foot birdie putt on the 18th hole or he would have finished -8 and won a whole lot more money.

He played well though. Did you all get to see BUBBA?

  • Author
Holmes tied for 6th in the Sony Tournament. That's a great beginning to his career. I think he finished -7. I couldn't find out how much money he won.

He actually finished T10.

 

T10.............T8...................J.B. Holmes

 

Nevertheless, a GREAT Pro Debut for Holmes. Keep in mind, this was on a course that doesn't suit his game at all, and he still played this well. He hurt himself on Saturday when he shot a -1 69 and the rest of the contenders were going deep in the calm conditions.

Good job JB Holmes :ylsuper:

He played well though. Did you all get to see BUBBA?

The TV announcers were going on something awful about Bubba's distance off the tee, but it appeared to me as if he swings every ounce of his body, and falls backwards on the follow through. I don't think he outdrives Holmes by too much, and wouldn't outdrive him at all if John wanted to take a bust-your-shoelaces-swing like Bubba does. I think in one comparsion yesterday Holmes drove the ball 375, and on the same hole Watson drove it 390.

  • Author

A couple of stats to enjoy (before the season gets kicking):

 

10th in Driving Distance

4th in Greens in Regulation

6th in Scoring Average

2nd in Total Driving

8th in the All Around Ranking

1st in Ball Striking

1st in Pct. of drives over 300 yards

537 in the World Ranking (I bet it goes up) :D

Congratulations to John B. Holmes on his first start of the golf season.

Seems like a Rookie on tour that was playing decent could have gotten more TV coverage.

Congratulations to John B. Holmes on his first start of the golf season.

Seems like a Rookie on tour that was playing decent could have gotten more TV coverage.

 

I agree I wish we would have gotten to see him more but I guess that comes with experience. He is going to be a force on tour for years to come. From what I here is going about everything in the right direction. Congrats to John on your top 10 finish. :thumb:

A goal he could work on now would be top 40 on money list through the Players. I believe that is what he will need to get into the Masters but I could be wrong.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.