Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes' debut on the PGA Tour

Featured Replies

Is this weekend at the Sony Open in Hawaii.

 

Funny note, after going by John Holmes (UK), Jonathan Holmes (U.S. Open), and John B. Holmes (Q School), he apparently has settled on going by:

 

 

J.B. Holmes

 

 

Poor guy -- I hope his parents are happy. :D;) The guy is having to try and "hide" his name for marketing purposes. :cool:

  • Replies 33
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this weekend at the Sony Open in Hawaii.

 

Funny note, after going by John Holmes (UK), Jonathan Holmes (U.S. Open), and John B. Holmes (Q School), he apparently has settled on going by:

 

 

J.B. Holmes

 

 

Poor guy -- I hope his parents are happy. :D;) The guy is having to try and "hide" his name for marketing purposes. :cool:

 

 

I am laughing with him not at him :lol: :lol:

If I were him I would go by what I have always gone by, John Holmes, allow people to have their little laugh, and proceed to play golf. Being up front with his name will work to his advantage in the long run, imo.

Only wish him the best...remember watching him play in high school.

Only wish him the best...remember watching him play in high school.

 

I can remember him beating me when I was a senior at the state tournament. HE WAS A 6TH GRADER!!! :lol:

Best of luck to him. It's going to be fun watching him play.

8:40 Chris Couch Camilo Villegas Michelle Wie

 

1:29 Shane Bertsch J.B. Holmes Kiyoshi Miyazato

  • Author
8:40 Chris Couch Camilo Villegas Michelle Wie

 

1:29 Shane Bertsch J.B. Holmes Kiyoshi Miyazato

FYI...that is Hawaiian time (5 hours earlier than Eastern time).

FYI...that is Hawaiian time (5 hours earlier than Eastern time).

 

 

ESPN Television Schedule

 

1/12 First Round 6:30-9:00pm EST

1/13 Second Round 8:00-10:30pm EST

1/14 Third Round 7:00-10:30pm EST

1/15 Final Round 7:00-10:00pm EST

  • Author
ESPN Television Schedule

 

1/12 First Round 6:30-9:00pm EST

1/13 Second Round 8:00-10:30pm EST

1/14 Third Round 7:00-10:30pm EST

1/15 Final Round 7:00-10:00pm EST

Hopefully Holmes gets some air-time tonight. :thumb:

8:40 Chris Couch Camilo Villegas Michelle Wie

 

1:29 Shane Bertsch J.B. Holmes Kiyoshi Miyazato

 

 

Hey I know that kid...went to University of Florida...correct?

Hey I know that kid...went to University of Florida...correct?

 

Villegas is +1 thru 10 holes.

 

Wie is +8.

Hopefully Holmes gets some air-time tonight. :thumb:

He's not be on so far. The scores on the botom of the screen said he was E through 4 holes.

Looks like he shot an even par 70. Not bad he is 5 strokes off the lead. They are playing at the Waialae Country Club, I remember having a video game maybe on dreamcast or something like that called Waialae Golf.

Holmes is tied for second right now. It's on ESPN. He's already finished his round and is at -4. The leader was at -6.

 

Hang in there John.......I mean J.B. :thumb:

If he keeps playing like he has you will hear his name a whole lot more.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.