Cardinals at Reds Series 8/24 thru 8/26/12

LRCW

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game to watch today. Leake did a good job. The Cards hit him hard but they were scattered except the one jam that he was able to pitch out of with only the sac fly run scored. Marshall had a great one pitch outing. Phillips and Ludwick hit well and the homer by Bruce was a shot. And what about Hoover fanning the side?

Stubbs sucks!

The best part of the day was Barry's ceremony. Very happy to be there on this special day.

My boys were disappointed they didn't get to see the Missle. Maybe they will get to see him tomorrow. Of course one of them is a Cards fan so I don't care if he is happy or not. :)

Sent from my iPhone

image-1184082826.jpg

Haven't read the whole thread so sorry if I'm repeating, but all I know is there are 34 games to go and 9 of them are against the 2 worst teams in baseball, the Astros & the Cubs. Reds control their own destiny big time.

Not to mention the Cardinals have 7 games against the Nationals, 3 against the Pirates and 3 games on the west coast against both the Padres and Dodgers.

What an awful lineup but its SCARY DUSTY DAY. The day after a night game is scary. In Dust Bowls mind a 4 PM game will still be a night game so I'm sure it will be a bad lineup even though it's a rubber game against the Bad News Molinas. Lets throw the kitchen sink against them not Cairo, Valdez, and the worlds worst bench. Where is Costanzo when you need him. Roger Clemens is coming back. Doug Flynn would be a nice upgrade over those dudes.:idunno:

Rolen sucks. Bench him.

The argument isn't that he sucks. The argument is Frazier is a better hitter with far more power. Power is nice in a lineup that has Cozart and his below .300 OBP hitting first and Stubbs and his general suckedness hitting second.

The argument isn't that he sucks. The argument is Frazier is a better hitter with far more power. Power is nice in a lineup that has Cozart and his below .300 OBP hitting first and Stubbs and his general suckedness hitting second.

The argument is that Rolen isn't the one that needs benched when Votto comes back.

The argument is that Rolen isn't the one that needs benched when Votto comes back.

I would be fine with it except TF probably would be a below average left fielder. Is Ludwick going to be a below average right fielder? We know Bruce would be a below average center fielder. The only real spot for Frazier is 3rd if Votto is healthy. It seems most likely no matter who plays 3rd they will be strong. It's just a shame Frazier goes to the bench when he's been one of their 3 or 4 best offensive players all year.