Cardinals at Reds Series 8/24 thru 8/26/12

LRCW

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will be there Sat and Sun, hoping for a good showing by the Reds.

I'm outnumbered though because a very close friend of mine passed away this week and he was a huge Cardinals fan. His funeral is Monday. I'm sure he will use any pull he can muster up in Heaven against the Reds. Plus my son who is coming with me is also a Cardinals fan.

I say the Reds win 2 of 3 and end up 8 ahead.

I didn't see it, what happened?

Sac bunt. Fielded by Cairo playing 1B. He came towards the batter/runner who backed up a few steps. Cairo looked at the other runner but somehow missed the tag and the batter was safe at first.

Gotcha. I had this mental picture of someone running from home to first backwards. :lol:

As long as they are in the base path, I don't think it matters if they back up or not. If that were against the rules, we would never have another rundown.

Gotcha. I had this mental picture of someone running from home to first backwards. :lol:

As long as they are in the base path, I don't think it matters if they back up or not. If that were against the rules, we would never have another rundown.

As you probably know there is no rule that says a runner has to be in a "base path."

Nope, I'm far from a rules expert. Educate me. What keeps them on the straight and narrow?

The defender.

A runner can run anywhere he wants. He can from first to centerfield if he chooses. The only time it matters where he is running is when a defender is trying to make a tag. The "3 feet" rule then comes into play.