Highlands 2012/2013

I know that the frosh team was way down in numbers last year, so how many soph's will be in the program? Jensen Feggins is a nice athlete that works hard around the basket, but struggles outside of the paint. Look for him to get some varsity minutes just because of his all out play. Justin Weyer should be solid at the JV level, but will need to get a little stronger to compete this year at the varsity level. Parker Harris is about 6'4" or so now and he needs to work on his game in and around the lane. Josh Watson will probably come back this year, but how effective will he be having had to sit out last year due to injury? Others (Jackson Hall, Kenny Ball, Josh Salter and Reilly O'Hara) are role players, but will benefit greatly from the fact that they do not play football. Any other sophs that will be a part of the program this year?

Really hope that so many Juniors do not take up valuable JV minutes for this group as they did have some success last year.

Also heard there was a transfer from Woodward or somewhere in Cincinnati, anyone know anything about him?

Know that the incoming frosh have some basketball talent as well and wonder if some of them may get some spot duty at the JV level if for nothing more than the experience. The problem is that all of them except for one are a part of the football program.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is Highlands schedule for this season.

11/17 Casey Sorrell Memorial Shootout (SK) A (Scrimmages)

11/24 Turkey Bird Shootout H (Scrimmages)

12/7 St. Henry H

12/8 Bellevue H

12/11 Dixie A

12/14 Brossart A

12/15 Bracken Co. A

12/20-22 Woodford Co. Invitational Tournament A

12/27-29 Pikeville Invitational Tournament A

1-3 Villa Madonna A

1-5 Cooper A

1-8 Newport A

1-10 Ryle A

1-14 CovCath H

1-17 Campbell Co. H

1-19 Boone Co. H

1-22 NCC H

1-24 Seven Hills (OH) H

1-26 Conner H

1-29 Shroder (OH) A

2-1 Holmes A

2-5 Holy Cross A

2-8 Lloyd A

2-12 Scott H

2-15 Beechwood H

District Tourney at Highlands

Floor is done and being used for volleyball. Other upgrades to the trophy case and the men's and women's bathrooms. Everything else the same except maybe a little paint.

Thanks Jack. I look forward to seeing the upgrades. I'm sure the players knees will be thankful.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure but will tell you that this year any kid who is in a fall sport has to decide they are playing basketball or trying out for hoops by October 15th or they are not invited to play. You are either in or you are out.

Not to be the glass half empty, but how does that help? Won't just all the kids tell him they want to play by October 15th and that gives them until the end of the football season to decide?

I am with OB on this one. Not real sure what the coaches are trying to accomplish with this. All the kids can say yes I am coming out and then change their minds and decide not to with no repercussions. The only advantage I can see to this line of thinking is that it may help when deciding to keep or cut a kid before the football players get there, so you do not end up with a situation like you had on last years frosh team when cuts and defections left them without enough players to even run a competitive practice. Would still like to know how many kids were at the meetings last week.