Highlands 2012/2013

I would think that Houliston/Hergott/True are all going to be strictly Varsity. I have no clue, I think that will be determined by how practices go and who shows they deserve to dress Varsity only.

Im not so sure about Harris being 6'5, I know he has grown but that is a stretch. I saw him up at the Country Club about 4 weeks ago when he was finishing up a round of golf and he looked about 6'4. I dont think he has the strength to play the post, he is a great passer and can shoot very well. I see him more of a 3 due to his length and ability to run the floor.

I see a JV roster that probably will consists of Feggins/Weyer/Harris, Hall, Salter, OHara (Sophs)/Green/Brockett/Buten, (JRs) and possibly bring up a couple Frosh- Daugherty and ????.

I am really interested to see how many soph's they decide to keep this year. You have 6 named and I believe Kenny Ball and Todd Ramey are also trying out which would bring you up to 8. If you keep all and dress 3 or 4 juniors there will be no need to have any frosh play JV. Time will tell I guess.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With only 13, couldn't they all dress Varsity? I'd hate to be the one or two that doesn't.

Sure they could, they may. You never know, there may be some kids who shine during tryouts next week and move ahead of some of the kids that are coming back from football. I would assume though that there will be a lot of kids getting minutes.

I am really interested to see how many soph's they decide to keep this year. You have 6 named and I believe Kenny Ball and Todd Ramey are also trying out which would bring you up to 8. If you keep all and dress 3 or 4 juniors there will be no need to have any frosh play JV. Time will tell I guess.

Unless they feel they want to develop a younger player.

Why does Highlands continue to have grades with 4 or less players?

IMO- If Whitford decides not to play basketball it will not matter. Doubt he would've been a major contributor anyway. He has not played since 7th grade.

He probably would have been on the JV roster possibly. Good athlete who has grown a lot and has good moxy. I hate to hear he changed his mind.

Good news for the Birds, all of the Fall Sports players (excluding maybe one) who participated last season have signed up and are ready to roll once the Birds bring home the State Championship.

Tryouts start today for all of the other potential Birds. Good Luck to all who come out.

Good news for the Birds, all of the Fall Sports players (excluding maybe one) who participated last season have signed up and are ready to roll once the Birds bring home the State Championship.

Tryouts start today for all of the other potential Birds. Good Luck to all who come out.

You seem surprised by that. Any idea on the number of kids that showed up for the first day of practice? I heard a pretty fair number which is a little shocking considering so many are still on the gridiron.

You seem surprised by that. Any idea on the number of kids that showed up for the first day of practice? I heard a pretty fair number which is a little shocking considering so many are still on the gridiron.

Depends on your definition of pretty fair number.

They had 15 boys - soph/junior/senior - for the first few days of tryouts. There are 8 footballers that will be added when that season concludes.

The roster shapes up with 4 seniors, 6 or 7 juniors, and the rest sophomores.

Depends on your definition of pretty fair number.

They had 15 boys - soph/junior/senior - for the first few days of tryouts. There are 8 footballers that will be added when that season concludes.

The roster shapes up with 4 seniors, 6 or 7 juniors, and the rest sophomores.

Who are the Sophs?