Has coaching changes at Dixie, changed the Dixie Way?

In the Dixie vs NCC thread their was some discussion about the Dixie coaching.

After the game (I was not at the game) I received a text from a Dixie Parent that I know that said,

"new coach, same old Dixie"

So I will pose the question for debate for those of you that have seen Dixie so far, Has the new coaches at Dixie changed the Dixie way of the past?

What say you?

First game, and by all accounts this is a young team.

I'd say this parent is likely part of the problem at Dixie. One game in, and already jumping ship? If he's saying this to you, just think what he might be saying to his son. Then people wonder why kids won't "buy in."

That said, Brossart did mention, among other things, that NewCath was "in better shape" than Dixie. I guess that rings of the same old Dixie. Of course, it also falls right at Brossart's feet and one would have to ask, why?

Good points and maybe he was just giving credit where it was due. The Colonels may still be in better condition then when Spritzky had them but Brossart did open a can of worms there, I'll give you that.

QUOTE=Sandman;4418718]First game, and by all accounts this is a young team.

I'd say this parent is likely part of the problem at Dixie. One game in, and already jumping ship? If he's saying this to you, just think what he might be saying to his son. Then people wonder why kids won't "buy in."

That said, Brossart did mention, among other things, that NewCath was "in better shape" than Dixie. I guess that rings of the same old Dixie. Of course, it also falls right at Brossart's feet and one would have to ask, why?

From just watching 1 game, I'm going to say yes. The only things that I saw Friday night that were same ole Dixie were poor tackling and poor kick coverage. Both can be corrected. The new staff is running a two platoon system. They're coaching on the sidelines instead of yelling. The only people that seemed tired late in the 4th quarter was a lineman that was playing both ways. I didn't see an abundant number of kids falling with cramps in the past. Therefore, I'm not necessarily sure NCC was in better shape (conditionally speaking). Dixie's pitfalls were it's youth and defensive scheme, IMO. They don't have the players up front in a 3 defensive lineman scheme that are either quick enough to get off the snap and into the backfield, or strong enough to consume a couple linemen to keep the linebackers free. I'll reserve my judgement on Brossart for a few years. I've heard nothing but positives about the guy. I want to see if he can develop his talent over the years, whereas in the past, what you saw as a sophomore, you saw as a senior.

Unfortunately, they still haven't cut down on stupid personal fouls that kill offensive drives and defensive stops. It's one thing to be tough with your mouth, quite another to keep it in check and not hurt your team. But, hey, everybody will tell me "that's just kids."

Edited by Ram
Rule 8

First game, and by all accounts this is a young team.

Is he a she????

From the sounds of it they competed from bell to bell against a better team. What could Dixie fans complain about?

That's what I'm thinking as well, people can be so stupid. I hate folks that can after one game take on the mentality of "if we ain't winners we're losers" Seriously grow the hell up people.