Can Russ Middleton break Loftons scoring record at Mason Co?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night in the loss to Pendleton Co. Middleton tore it up for a freshman. He was 5-8 from behind the arc. The pressure of 3000 ppl watchin u and to perform like he did at his age is unbelivable. He really stepped up last night and showed what he had.

Yes Russ Middleton is in fact a good player he also shoots the hell out of the ball but he doesnt have the potential that Lofton had Lofton was a LEADER I just dont think Russ is ready to take that responsiibilty. Lofton was also a winner he would do whatever it took to win spent every extra minute he had in the gym shooting improving his game. In deed also the crowd has very little impact on Russ but knowing him personally for a few years he has more pressure coming from other places like his dad Kelly MIddelton so the crowd is little concern to him. Bottom Line Though Russ Middleton Will Not Break Loftons Record

• 10 months later...

You have got to be kidding me on this one. This thread is ridiculous. Have you seen Middleton's form. For starters, he's not half the shooter Lofton is and not nearly the all-around player Lofton was in high school. He's playing with one of the top players in the state on his team for the next two years, how is he going to score as much as Lofton did. Middleton is a quality player but he's not a legend.

There is no way. Russ doesnt even deserve to be in the same gym as Chris. He is not anything close to the player that Lofton was. He can shoot it 50 times a game & still wont get it. How easily we forget that Chris Lofton was one of the best players to come out of the state, EVER. Middleton will be lucky to play D-1 college ball. I guess mathmatically it is possible but realisitcally it isnt.

There is no way. Russ doesnt even deserve to be in the same gym as Chris. He is not anything close to the player that Lofton was. He can shoot it 50 times a game & still wont get it. How easily we forget that Chris Lofton was one of the best players to come out of the state, EVER. Middleton will be lucky to play D-1 college ball. I guess mathmatically it is possible but realisitcally it isnt.

i agree

You guys are ridiculous! Talking about these kids like you all are. Why don't you guys just let them play and quit worrying about who measures up to who?!

Doesn't deserve to be in the same gym? What kind of comment is that? I'd be ashamed.

What if someone was putting your kid, relative, or friend out like that? You all are failing to remember that these players are people.

Wake up and have some respect.

You guys are ridiculous! Talking about these kids like you all are. Why don't you guys just let them play and quit worrying about who measures up to who?!

Doesn't deserve to be in the same gym? What kind of comment is that? I'd be ashamed.

What if someone was putting your kid, relative, or friend out like that? You all are failing to remember that these players are people.

Wake up and have some respect.

It is unfair to compare Russ to Chris. They are not in the same league. But if you want to get on someone, get on the person that started this thread when he was a freshman! If he was my relative I would realize that this is an unfair comparison. I am allowed to voice my opinion.

It is unfair to compare Russ to Chris. They are not in the same league. But if you want to get on someone, get on the person that started this thread when he was a freshman! If he was my relative I would realize that this is an unfair comparison. I am allowed to voice my opinion.

You must be from the world where two wrongs equal a right.

Irregardless of the comparison, it is UNFAIR to talk about these athletes as anything other than PEOPLE.

...and I am not trying to single you out... my statements go for everyone.