Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Milan#2 (TN-3A) Vs. Mayfield Scrimmage TONIGHT!

Featured Replies

Mayfield will kickoff it's 2012 campaign tonight hosting Milan TN.@ Mayfield's War Memorial Stadium. I am so ready for some football and to see what this years version of the Cards will look like. Over the years this annual scrimmage has been a great neasuring stick for how the Cards season will go and I expect it to do the same tonight

Mayfield will kickoff it's 2012 campaign tonight hosting Milan TN.@ Mayfield's War Memorial Stadium. I am so ready for some football and to see what this years version of the Cards will look like. Over the years this annual scrimmage has been a great neasuring stick for how the Cards season will go and I expect it to do the same tonight

 

Let the games begin! :banana:

Mayfield will kickoff it's 2012 campaign tonight hosting Milan TN.@ Mayfield's War Memorial Stadium. I am so ready for some football and to see what this years version of the Cards will look like. Over the years this annual scrimmage has been a great neasuring stick for how the Cards season will go and I expect it to do the same tonight

 

I thought you had to be in pads 5 full days before having a contact scrimmage with an opponent?

Seems early for a scrimmage.

I thought you had to be in pads 5 full days before having a contact scrimmage with an opponent?
You do have to have 5 days of practice in pads before being able to compete in a scrimmage or game against an opponent. I'm assuming that Mayfield starts school early in August and thus was able to start practicing in pads prior to August 1st. However, the rule that allows schools to start in pads 7 week days prior to the start of school also states that you can't go into pad prior to the last Monday of July, if I recall properly. The last Monday in July was this past Monday (July 30th). Which means Mayfield could have been in pads this Mon, Tues, Wed, yesterday and the 5th day would be today. I again assume that Mayfield will practice in pads this morning (for it's 5th day of practice in pads) and then wii scrimmage Milan tonight. I have to assume Coach Morris checked with the KHSAA and verified such would be okay.
  • Author
Good luck to the Cardinals. We look forward to a full report from barbecue row.

 

No pigs (Tigers) in the ground tonight, just burgers and dogs (Milan Bulldgogs) that is

  • Author
You do have to have 5 days of practice in pads before being able to compete in a scrimmage or game against an opponent. I'm assuming that Mayfield starts school early in August and thus was able to start practicing in pads prior to August 1st.

 

You assumed correctly!

Seems early for a scrimmage.

 

It is way early but kickoff is August 17th.

  • Author

I don't know about this year but normally, including last year, TN starts practice earlier than KY does. We were Milan's second scrimmage of the year last year. Interesting tidbit, Milan's head coach Jeff Morris has led the Bulldogs to 2 state titles and several runner ups and is the cousin of Mayfield Head Coach Joe Morris.

I don't know about this year but normally, including last year, TN starts practice earlier than KY does. We were Milan's second scrimmage of the year last year. Interesting tidbit, Milan's head coach Jeff Morris has led the Bulldogs to 2 state titles and several runner ups and is the cousin of Mayfield Head Coach Joe Morris.

Milan just began practice this Monday.

 

Football

Monday, week of August 1 ............................................................. First Practice Date. Must practice 3 days before preseason

scrimmages. Maximum of 4 preseason scrimmages or 2

preseason scrimmage dates, or 1 date and 2 scrimmages.

Wednesday, last full week in August .............................................. Date of First Contest. Eligibility and Schedule must be filed

online.

  • Author
Milan just began practice this Monday.

 

[/i]

 

Or.............Maybe we just started earlier than we usually do as we may need extra practice :sssh: to get past that highly touted Bw backfield we hope to get a chance to face

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.