Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pirates @ Reds Series 8/3 thru 8/5/12

Featured Replies

So has it changed your mind?

 

About what? Being close to his head? I thought my previous post answered that.

 

I do not think it was a purpose pitch. I don't think he was hit on purpose.

  • Replies 337
  • Views 34.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
About what? Being close to his head? I thought my previous post answered that.

 

I do not think it was a purpose pitch. I don't think he was hit on purpose.

 

Is it really that hard for you? :lol:

Is it really that hard for you? :lol:

 

I'm not sure what you're asking. I answered your question in the previous post. Wasn't it clear?

  • Author
I'm not sure what you're asking. I answered your question in the previous post. Wasn't it clear?

 

 

I guess it is. Let me help you. It's not that hard. I know you can do it. If Fonzie can do it, so can you.

 

 

I was wwwwrrrrrrooooonnnngggg!!!!!!!!

About what? Being close to his head? I thought my previous post answered that.

 

I do not think it was a purpose pitch. I don't think he was hit on purpose.

C'mon Clyde, thought you were with me on this, now your teetering on the fence. One inch and he takes that pitch in the jaw at 100+ and it was a purpose pitch because the next 3 were right down the middle of the plate. I mean Reds fans, REALLY. Be a fan, but c'mon.
C'mon Clyde, thought you were with me on this, now your teetering on the fence. One inch and he takes that pitch in the jaw at 100+ and it was a purpose pitch because the next 3 were right down the middle of the plate. I mean Reds fans, REALLY. Be a fan, but c'mon.

It hit him below the shoulder and about 4-5 inches from his chin. Look at the pic LRCW posted, it was not close to his head unless you want to overreact and have something to complain about...

  • Author
C'mon Clyde, thought you were with me on this, now your teetering on the fence. One inch and he takes that pitch in the jaw at 100+ and it was a purpose pitch because the next 3 were right down the middle of the plate. I mean Reds fans, REALLY. Be a fan, but c'mon.

 

Your wife must think your Johnny Holmes. Did you even see the picture? I said it was a purpose pitch, so you can c'mon all you want.

That was more on the CFer than Marte.

 

I saw it the same way. (at the risk of inciting another International Bureau of Weights and Measures debate) Marte misses the catch by an inch. McCutchen was asleep at the wheel.

  • Author
I saw it the same way. Marte misses the catch by an inch. McCutchen was asleep at the wheel.

 

 

Maybe that's why Chapman tried to wake him up last night.

Didn't McCutchen duck into the pitch? I didn't think the pitch was close to his head until he ducked into it

Didn't McCutchen duck into the pitch? I didn't think the pitch was close to his head until he ducked into it

 

The one thing for sure is he didn't have much chance to get out of the way.

It hit him below the shoulder and about 4-5 inches from his chin. Look at the pic LRCW posted, it was not close to his head unless you want to overreact and have something to complain about...
Just want no "over reaction" from the fans when Rolen,Phillips,etc. takes one off the melon tonight, remember who started this and hope fully Cueto has learned how to fight without kicking someone with his spikes while they are on the ground
  • Author
Just want no "over reaction" from the fans when Rolen,Phillips,etc. takes one off the melon tonight, remember who started this and hope fully Cueto has learned how to fight without kicking someone with his spikes while they are on the ground

 

There you go with the head thing again. It wasn't close to his head. You need to learn measurements. If one of them gets drilled in the arm or shoulder, no problem.

C'mon Clyde, thought you were with me on this, now your teetering on the fence. One inch and he takes that pitch in the jaw at 100+ and it was a purpose pitch because the next 3 were right down the middle of the plate. I mean Reds fans, REALLY. Be a fan, but c'mon.

 

I thought it hit him on top of the shoulder. The pic shows it hit him near the armpit so I , for LRCW, was wrong.

 

However, in the big pic it's still too darn close when it's coming at 102 and it's anywhere near your shoulder.

I don't care where it hit him when it's shoulder/armpit/head I would be mad if I was the other team. Too risky. I'd expect some sort of retaliation this season. It might not be until Votto gets back.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.