Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pirates @ Reds Series 8/3 thru 8/5/12

Featured Replies

Big series. Latos vs. Wandy in game 1.

  • Replies 337
  • Views 34.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ready to watch this series! Let's go Reds!

Pirates switched up their rotation to have Burnett go Sunday night....Kinda makes you think they view this as a "make or break" series.

  • Author
Pirates switched up their rotation to have Burnett go Sunday night....Kinda makes you think they view this as a "make or break" series.

 

 

So who is going Sunday afternoon? :D

 

 

Seriously, I fully expected them to do that.

Pirates switched up their rotation to have Burnett go Sunday night....Kinda makes you think they view this as a "make or break" series.

 

With the awful schedule the Reds have remaining the Pirates need to win this series.

With the awful schedule the Reds have remaining the Pirates need to win this series.

 

Isn't the Pirates schedule pretty similar?

 

Also as far as easy schedule I don't care what the Phillies record is right now with their starting pitching the 7 games with them including 4 at Philly after the Reds play 7 games in 6 days make those Philly games much more difficult than they may look on paper.

Scott Podsednik has been released....Was hitting .387 and had an OBP of .409 in 70 PA's this season. Possible bench option? :idunno:

Isn't the Pirates schedule pretty similar?

 

Also as far as easy schedule I don't care what the Phillies record is right now with their starting pitching the 7 games with them including 4 at Philly after the Reds play 7 games in 6 days make those Philly games much more difficult than they may look on paper.

 

I have no idea what the Pirates schedule looks like. Unlike most here, I'm not concerned about them. If Cincy takes care of business they win this division easily.

 

There's a reason Philly has such a bad record. Like I said, take care of business and they win the division easily. Heck, play .510 baseball the rest of the year and I bet they still win the division pretty easily.

Scott Podsednik has been released....Was hitting .387 and had an OBP of .409 in 70 PA's this season. Possible bench option? :idunno:

 

Don't mess with the team chemistry for a spare part that will have minimal impact. If things take a bad turn, you can look at players like this but for now - leave it alone.

 

As to this being a big series, absolutely. Any time you go head to head, those games are guaranteed standings changers. I wouldn't say it is a make or break series. It is still too early to say that. But it is important for the Pirates to take 2 of 3 and not lose more ground plus games to make up that ground.

  • Author
I have no idea what the Pirates schedule looks like. Unlike most here, I'm not concerned about them. If Cincy takes care of business they win this division easily.

 

There's a reason Philly has such a bad record. Like I said, take care of business and they win the division easily. Heck, play .510 baseball the rest of the year and I bet they still win the division pretty easily.

 

Why don't the Pirates worry you? They've already beat the Reds 5 out of 9 games this year. Do you still think they will fade like they did last year?

I have no idea what the Pirates schedule looks like. Unlike most here, I'm not concerned about them. If Cincy takes care of business they win this division easily.

 

There's a reason Philly has such a bad record. Like I said, take care of business and they win the division easily. Heck, play .510 baseball the rest of the year and I bet they still win the division pretty easily.

 

I wasn't as concerned about the Pirates early in the year but they're schedule is also weak and Burnett, Wandy and McDonald is a pretty nice front 3. They will beat up on the Cubs, Astros, and Brewers just like the Reds will.

Reds vs the Bucs ! Reminds me of the 70's. Doc Ellis vs Jack Billingham tonight. Jerry Reuss against Don Gullett Saturday. The finale has John Candelaria vs Gary Nolan in the series finale !

Reds vs the Bucs ! Reminds me of the 70's. Doc Ellis vs Jack Billingham tonight. Jerry Reuss against Don Gullett Saturday. The finale has John Candelaria vs Gary Nolan in the series finale !

 

Doc Ellis will be doing LSD about 4:00.

I wasn't as concerned about the Pirates early in the year but they're schedule is also weak and Burnett, Wandy and McDonald is a pretty nice front 3. They will beat up on the Cubs, Astros, and Brewers just like the Reds will.

 

McDonald has been atrocious since the All-Star Break, and Wandy hasn't been good since May. The only guy they have in the rotation that really seems to be an "ace" type guy is Burnett.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.