Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pirates @ Reds Series 8/3 thru 8/5/12

Featured Replies

McDonald has been atrocious since the All-Star Break, and Wandy hasn't been good since May. The only guy they have in the rotation that really seems to be an "ace" type guy is Burnett.

 

Unless you want to include Latos, and I think it's a tad early for that the Reds have one ace too. All of the Reds young pitchers will throw more innings than they ever have. Cueto was roughed up in Colorado and wasn't great yesterday. McDonald owns the Reds. The Reds two best hitters by far have missed time recently. It goes both ways. I would much rather be the Reds down the stretch though.

  • Replies 337
  • Views 34.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doc Ellis will be doing LSD about 4:00.

 

:lol:

Reds vs the Bucs ! Reminds me of the 70's. Doc Ellis vs Jack Billingham tonight. Jerry Reuss against Don Gullett Saturday. The finale has John Candelaria vs Gary Nolan in the series finale !

 

I enjoyed the rivarly with the Pirates teams of the late 80's - early 90's. Would love to see a Doug Drabek vs. Jose Rio rematch. (Maybe Barry Bonds could even get a couple of hits this time around.)

I'm most interested to see if Bruce is in the lineup tonight....He normally sits against Wandy (he's something like 1-29 against him), but with Votto and most likely BP out, there's no way Dusty sits him too, does he?

  • Author
I'm most interested to see if Bruce is in the lineup tonight....He normally sits against Wandy (he's something like 1-29 against him), but with Votto and most likely BP out, there's no way Dusty sits him too, does he?

 

 

Ludick, Heisey, Frazier in the OF, with Cairo at 1st, if Valdez is available to play 2nd.

Why don't the Pirates worry you? They've already beat the Reds 5 out of 9 games this year. Do you still think they will fade like they did last year?

 

It's looking less likely that they'll fade. The Reds worry me more than the Pirates. Like I've said, If Cincy takes care of their own business, they'll be in the playoffs easily.

  • Author
It's looking less likely that they'll fade. The Reds worry me more than the Pirates. Like I've said, If Cincy takes care of their own business, they'll be in the playoffs easily.

 

Exactly what is taking care of business? Continuing to win at .600 pace? Winning 5 of the 9 games remaining with the Pirates?

Exactly what is taking care of business? Continuing to win at .600 pace? Winning 5 of the 9 games remaining with the Pirates?

 

If they go 29-28 the rest of the way I would be stunned if they didn't make the playoffs.

 

With the schedule they have they should have a much better record than that.

  • Author
If they go 29-28 the rest of the way I would be stunned if they didn't make the playoffs.

 

With the schedule they have they should have a much better record than that.

 

 

You think they would win the division if they go 29-28 the rest of the way? I don't think they would.

You think they would win the division if they go 29-28 the rest of the way? I don't think they would.

 

That's not what I said.

If they go 29-28 the rest of the way I would be stunned if they didn't make the playoffs.

 

With the schedule they have they should have a much better record than that.

 

I would say you are correct. They have an 8 game over St. Louis, the 3rd place wild card team.

Ludick, Heisey, Frazier in the OF, with Cairo at 1st, if Valdez is available to play 2nd.

 

FWIW, Jamie Ramsey said he fully expects Bruce to be in the lineup tonight.

  • Author
That's not what I said.

 

I wouldn't be happy with the wild card, and possibly only 1 game post season.

^I don't know a single Reds fan that would be happy winning the division and losing in the 1st round either, so no real difference. Unless they win once they get there, most will be unhappy.

  • Author
^I don't know a single Reds fan that would be happy winning the division and losing in the 1st round either, so no real difference. Unless they win once they get there, most will be unhappy.

 

Big difference in playing one game, and up to 5 games IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.