Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Recruiting 2014 Edition

Featured Replies

That's why I was saying over the summer that I had reservations about the switch. The amount of work needed to be a junior and senior all in one year is a load. Even more so at the school he attends...
What kind of school is it that he attends?
  • Replies 821
  • Views 91.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What kind of school is it that he attends?

 

All kids that play for Huntington Prep attend St Joes which is a very tough small private school in Huntington...

All kids that play for Huntington Prep attend St Joes which is a very tough small private school in Huntington...
Gotcha, thanks for the info. Why would kids play for one school but attend another?
Why would kids play for one school but attend another?

 

Yeah, I've never heard of this. :confused:

Gotcha' date=' thanks for the info. Why would kids play for one school but attend another?[/quote']

 

A few of the power prep school teams have an established high school that the kids attend. Eliminates most eligibility issues...

A few of the power prep school teams have an established high school that the kids attend. Eliminates most eligibility issues...
So is the prep school just a basketball thing then? Or do they have some classes too. I guess I'm not quite following how this works.
So is the prep school just a basketball thing then? Or do they have some classes too. I guess I'm not quite following how this works.

 

Just basketball. Can be an ugly situation, but the school used by HPrep is very tough. Findlay Prep, not so much...

Never knew any of that GT.

 

So, what is the benefit of attending Huntington Prep ? Why wouldn't St. Joe hire Huntington Prep's coach and have the kids play for them since they attend school there ? Are the prep schools more like a non summer AAU team ?

Never knew any of that GT.

 

So, what is the benefit of attending Huntington Prep ? Why wouldn't St. Joe hire Huntington Prep's coach and have the kids play for them since they attend school there ? Are the prep schools more like a non summer AAU team ?

 

HPrep plays a national schedule outside of the WV state athletic association. Coach Fulford and his staff are very good at getting kids ready for life as a high major basketball player as well...

Just basketball. Can be an ugly situation, but the school used by HPrep is very tough. Findlay Prep, not so much...
Thanks. I was clueless to that. I remember reading about Findlay Prep back in the Liggins recruitment but I thought it was the actual school.
HPrep plays a national schedule outside of the WV state athletic association. Coach Fulford and his staff are very good at getting kids ready for life as a high major basketball player as well...
Doesn't Blair Academy play a national schedule as well though they use the same school (I think)?
  • Author

Corey Albertson ‏@Corey_Rivals513

Spoke to Trey Lyles father a few mins ago. He said it is the places that UK alums are going after hoops that intrigues Trey. #BBN

^ Isn't Carolina his dream school? Or did I make that up?

 

Indiana. Well at least it was... :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.