July 31, 201214 yr As they have all year, but they still win with pitching. Pitching is what will advance them in the playoffs. Not a Spahn, Victorino or a Pierre. They don't face anything close to the high level of pitching in the regular season that they'll see in the postseason. Votto will be lucky to see a pitch a game he can hit.
July 31, 201214 yr Hahaha. Okay. That's not what wins in the playoffs. No doubt, but you have to have some offense. The Reds pitching will be weaker than Washington's, weaker than San Frans, and at best equal to the Dodgers (assuming they make it).
July 31, 201214 yr Reds get Broxton - MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com Doesn't say for who. Makes no sense, unless they feel Masset is a ways away or another deal is in the works.
July 31, 201214 yr No doubt, but you have to have some offense. The Reds pitching will be weaker than Washington's, weaker than San Frans, and at best equal to the Dodgers (assuming they make it). They're 61-41 with Cozart and Stubbs but ONLY because of their pitching. You can score a few runs and win, which Votto, Phillips, Ludwick and Bruce can handle.
July 31, 201214 yr Makes no sense, unless they feel Masset is a ways away or another deal is in the works. I don't know. You could just turn it into a 7 inning game instead of 8.
July 31, 201214 yr No doubt, but you have to have some offense. The Reds pitching will be weaker than Washington's, weaker than San Frans, and at best equal to the Dodgers (assuming they make it). Washington won't have Strasburg in the playoffs, assuming they shut him down like they keep saying. SF starters have been bad away from home. And I have nothing to say because if you think LAD has pitching to compare with Cincy then you just need to stop now.
July 31, 201214 yr Washington won't have Strasburg in the playoffs, assuming they shut him down like they keep saying. SF starters have been bad away from home. And I have nothing to say because if you think LAD has pitching to compare with Cincy then you just need to stop now. I'm going off the assumption that they get Dempster. Look at Capuano and Billingsley's numbers....Just as good as Bailey and Latos, if not better.
July 31, 201214 yr Washington won't have Strasburg in the playoffs, assuming they shut him down like they keep saying. . That is going to be interesting to see.
July 31, 201214 yr I'm going off the assumption that they get Dempster. Look at Capuano and Billingsley's numbers....Just as good as Bailey and Latos, if not better. That's a huge assumption because LAD doesn't want to give up what the Cubs want. Capuano has been terrible away from LAD. I'd take Latos and Bailey all day over Capuano and Billingsley.
July 31, 201214 yr That is going to be interesting to see. If I'm Davey Johnson I'm firebombing the office of whoever makes that decision. Good luck trying to convince your team you are serious about winning. While Strausburg may have more years, some don't. I'd be hot.
July 31, 201214 yr Stark says the Dodgers are no longer in it for Dempster. Time for Walt to step in.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.