Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLB Trade Deadline Updates

Featured Replies

All they have to do to address that is move BP back in front of Votto. They have plenty to hit behind him now with the way Ludwick has been going.

 

As a GM, you don't go out and make a trade just because everyone else does. It has to be a fit.

 

Except that's not going to happen. Dusty has already said as soon as Votto's back Phillips is back in the 4 spot.

 

So please tell me how that is an answer to their pathetic leadoff numbers?

  • Replies 155
  • Views 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Except that's not going to happen. Dusty has already said as soon as Votto's back Phillips is back in the 4 spot.

 

So please tell me how that is an answer to their pathetic leadoff numbers?

 

I can't help the fact that Dusty isn't using his players in the most effective way.

 

They have all the pieces they need on the roster.

 

And their pathetic leadoff numbers have still lead to the 2nd best record in baseball at the trade deadline.

:lol: Now that makes zero sense.

 

Unless they plan on trading Chapman for Jesus Christ....

I can't help the fact that Dusty isn't using his players in the most effective way.

 

They have all the pieces they need on the roster.

 

To make the playoffs? I agree, but I'm not happy with that. They won't advance with the current leadoff situation.

Unless they plan on trading Chapman for Jesus Christ....

 

Only thing I can think of is if they're hoping to do that deal then turn another reliever (Big O?) around in a deal for someone like Span.

To make the playoffs? I agree, but I'm not happy with that. They won't advance with the current leadoff situation.

 

Quite a stretch.

To make the playoffs? I agree, but I'm not happy with that. They won't advance with the current leadoff situation.

 

Playoff baseball is all about pitching.

 

That's why they traded for Latos last offseason. He's been ok thus far. For them to have any chance of advancing in the playoffs he's going to have to pitch like a #2 starter should pitch when it counts.

Quite a stretch.

 

Couldn't disagree more. When they're going against the likes of Cain, Vogelsong, Baumgarner, Lincecum, etc. I'm fairly confident Stubbs and Cozart will fail miserably in the 1-2 holes.

Couldn't disagree more. When they're going against the likes of Cain, Vogelsong, Baumgarner, Lincecum, etc. I'm fairly confident Stubbs and Cozart will fail miserably in the 1-2 holes.

 

As they have all year, but they still win with pitching. Pitching is what will advance them in the playoffs. Not a Spahn, Victorino or a Pierre.

Now it's being reported that the "Denard Span no-trade clause" story was incorrect. Apparently Fox Sports tweeted it after MLB Network said it.

Couldn't disagree more. When they're going against the likes of Cain, Vogelsong, Baumgarner, Lincecum, etc. I'm fairly confident Stubbs and Cozart will fail miserably in the 1-2 holes.

 

Hahaha. Okay. That's not what wins in the playoffs.

Now it's being reported that the "Denard Span no-trade clause" story was incorrect. Apparently Fox Sports tweeted it after MLB Network said it.

 

 

Next thing we know you'll be telling us the Reds are getting Hunter Pence for Billy Hamilton and Bronson Arroyo. I'm going to have to give you a F with your couch reporting Clyde. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.