Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLB Trade Deadline Updates

Featured Replies

Little steep if you ask me considering the Reds didn't need pen help IMO.

 

I think they needed a right handed setup guy. The big tall guy has been an adventure since his hit start

  • Replies 155
  • Views 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they needed a right handed setup guy. The big tall guy has been an adventure since his hit start

 

4.08 ERA for Logan since the end of April...

I think they needed a right handed setup guy. The big tall guy has been an adventure since his hit start

 

That I agree with. Ondrusek has struggled, as has Arredondo lately. I'm just not sure Broxton is the answer. I hope he is.

LAD DFA Bobby Abreu today

 

He'd be nice to have in the playoffs as a pinch hitter.

LAD DFA Bobby Abreu today

 

He'd be nice to have in the playoffs as a pinch hitter.

 

 

I'll stick with Paul.

I'll stick with Paul.

 

I'd take my chances with a guy that's done it at a high-level for about 15 years compared to a guy that has a whole 10-15 ABs this year. :idunno:

I'd take my chances with a guy that's done it at a high-level for about 15 years compared to a guy that has a whole 10-15 ABs this year. :idunno:

 

Especially when he'd cost next to nothing.

I'd take my chances with a guy that's done it at a high-level for about 15 years compared to a guy that has a whole 10-15 ABs this year. :idunno:

 

Especially when he'd cost next to nothing.

 

 

Except he doesn't do it at a high level anymore. That's why he has been released twice now.:idunno:

Except he doesn't do it at a high level anymore. That's why he has been released twice now.:idunno:

 

He had a .359 OBP for LAD. That's better than just about everyone on the Reds roster.

 

Plus he's going to give you a professional AB every time at the plate.

Except he doesn't do it at a high level anymore. That's why he has been released twice now.:idunno:

 

Neither does Paul, that's why he can't find a team that wants him to stick around.

That's a tough call. Abreu is old and can't steal a base anymore but he HAS had better power numbers. Paul has done well and can swipe a bag. I'm assuming Paul is a better outfielder at this point.

That's a tough call. Abreu is old and can't steal a base anymore but he HAS had better power numbers. Paul has done well and can swipe a bag. I'm assuming Paul is a better outfielder at this point.

 

That's the beauty of late in the season. Expanded rosters means all Abreu will have to do is hit and get on base. Something even this year, he's better at than all but 2 Reds.

That's the beauty of late in the season. Expanded rosters means all Abreu will have to do is hit and get on base. Something even this year, he's better at than all but 2 Reds.

 

His is .359 and Hanigan's is .356. I don't think anyone would pick Hanigan up as a bat off the bench. His job wouldn't be to get on base, it would be to drive in runs. He also has less hits than everyone but Rolen that plays everyday and he has 13 less games.

 

Not totally disagreeing I just fail to see it being an easy decision either way.

Neither does Paul, that's why he can't find a team that wants him to stick around.

 

 

Paul has never really been given a chance. At this point in their careers he has a high upside than Abreu IMO. Soon enough we'll know what the Reds think.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.