Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Predictions

Featured Replies

I'm excited to see what some of you think about the region this upcoming season. Top 10? Top players?

  • Replies 71
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the site ColonelPride. As far as teams, Montgomery Co would be my pick to win the region this year.

^ I agree, Goldie. But I also picked the Indians to win it last year, so who knows?

The 10th will be weak this year. I can't see anyone being strong.

Brossart should have a really nice team coming back. Have a really good guard in Verst and have nice size with Rieger, Trentman and Burns, and Saunders returns as well. My pick is still Montgomery County to win the region, but Brossart should be a strong contender and should be considered.

I heard Mason and GRC will both be down this season.

I heard Mason and GRC will both be down this season.

 

 

GRC has graduated 16 players in the last 2 years. All 5 starters from last seaon are gone. Lack of experience will be huge for the Cards. May have to have a "meet and greet" session on the team this year. Lots of new faces for the Cards

this season. Only one with much experience back is Isreal, which was a Freshman last year.

Campbell County returns their top 2 players in Corey Holbrook and Nate McGovney. The key will be McGovney's recovery from offseason ACL surgery. Other key players will be Juniors Luke Franzen and Garrett Geiman and Sophs Jake Franzen and Blake Losey. I also look for Freshman Trent McGovney to log some key varsity minutes.

Campbell County returns their top 2 players in Corey Holbrook and Nate McGovney. The key will be McGovney's recovery from offseason ACL surgery. Other key players will be Juniors Luke Franzen and Garrett Geiman and Sophs Jake Franzen and Blake Losey. I also look for Freshman Trent McGovney to log some key varsity minutes.

 

Agree. I thought about Campbell County but didn't know the status of Nate McGovney. His ability to return at full strength or close to it, from his off season surgery will definitely be a key factor for the Camels.

Agree. I thought about Campbell County but didn't know the status of Nate McGovney. His ability to return at full strength or close to it, from his off season surgery will definitely be a key factor for the Camels.

 

Agree. Some come back as strong as ever while others just don't return to their previous level of playing. Hope Nate recovers well and back to his old form of playing ball.

Campbell County returns their top 2 players in Corey Holbrook and Nate McGovney. The key will be McGovney's recovery from off season ACL surgery. Other key players will be Juniors Luke Franzen and Garrett Geiman and Sophs Jake Franzen and Blake Losey. I also look for Freshman Trent McGovney to log some key varsity minutes.

 

The key will of course will be having a healthy Nate McGovney. Holbrook had a nice off season this year and will be a well known kid in the 10th by seasons end. The other key players will need a lot of development at the varsity level. Last year those 5 combined only averaged around 4.0 points per game. It may actually help them develop and get good minutes if McGovney is not ready for the first game. I think they will be a much better team as the year progresses with the young ones getting some action and McGovney back to 100%.

I heard Mason and GRC will both be down this season.

 

I think mason will be young, but has talent at that level. GRC always reloads. Montgomery is probably the class of the 10th. Nobody has any love for Scott HS? They feature Jackson, one of the best in the 10th and will battle with Brossart and Camp co. to get out of the 37th. Augusta's Bach will turn some heads this season too.

Can't wait! Is it hoops season yet?

I think mason will be young, but has talent at that level. GRC always reloads. Montgomery is probably the class of the 10th. Nobody has any love for Scott HS? They feature Jackson, one of the best in the 10th and will battle with Brossart and Camp co. to get out of the 37th. Augusta's Bach will turn some heads this season too.

Can't wait! Is it hoops season yet?

 

Agree on Jackson he is a player. Also Scott only graduated one senior last year. I always have great respect for Coach Brad Carr and his teams.

I was told GRC got manhandled basically all summer and I know Coach Humphrey don't schedule too many cupcakes, so how many wins they looking at?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.