Top 10 Louisville Nightlife Myths

TheDeuce

As requested by Guru.... This was floating around Facebook today. I find it to be very funny (and true). For all my other Louisvillians, I think you'll agree...

1. Jim Porter's has hot older women that are looking for younger guys.

2. Sexy women go to Connections so they can dance and not get hit on.

3. 4th Street is fun.

4. Phoenix Hill is a habitual Best of Louisville winner yet nobody knows why.

5. The DJ at Drake's plays good music. All five songs. It's "Wobble" time ladies and will be again in 30 minutes.

6. The Electric Cowboy is the premier country western bar in Louisville. If by "premier" you mean an old bingo hall with a mechanical bull. Is rap or country music next?

7. Want to catch a UK game? Big Blue country is a great spot. Oh wait....

8. The HOT club in town is Mosaic/Hotel. I don't consider a half empty bar with Jersey Shore meat heads and $75 bottles hot...

9. The $3 cover at Molly Malone's is worth it. Especially if you want to stand shoulder to shoulder with 200 frat boys and their popped collars.

10. Joes Older Than Dirt is still good... No, it's not.

I bolded my favorites. Those are also the ones I find to be the most true. :D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The booty-shaking contest on Wednesdays at midnight. THAT'S why it's the best of Louisville.

I've been twice... I've... I've seen things... Things that can't be unseen...

That's funny stuff. I sure miss living in Louisville! I had a blast my 7 years in that area! Jim Porter's makes me laugh. One of the old guys I used to work for would swear by that place. We went with him once and had to get the bouncers to kick him out to our car because he wouldn't leave lol!

As requested by Guru.... This was floating around Facebook today. I find it to be very funny (and true). For all my other Louisvillians, I think you'll agree...

1. Jim Porter's has hot older women that are looking for younger guys.

2. Sexy women go to Connections so they can dance and not get hit on.

3. 4th Street is fun.

5. The DJ at Drake's plays good music. All five songs. It's "Wobble" time ladies and will be again in 30 minutes.

6. The Electric Cowboy is the premier country western bar in Louisville. If by "premier" you mean an old bingo hall with a mechanical bull. Is rap or country music next?

7. Want to catch a UK game? Big Blue country is a great spot. Oh wait....

8. The HOT club in town is Mosaic/Hotel. I don't consider a half empty bar with Jersey Shore meat heads and $75 bottles hot...

9. The $3 cover at Molly Malone's is worth it. Especially if you want to stand shoulder to shoulder with 200 frat boys and their popped collars.

10. Joes Older Than Dirt is still good... No, it's not.

I bolded my favorites. Those are also the ones I find to be the most true. :D

You hit the nail on the head with the bolded ones.

Me and my buddies always have discussions about how unbelievably lame 4th Street is. The "dress code" is ridiculous, and not posted ANYWHERE. Seems like everyone that works down there has an attitude and isn't pleasant at all. I try to avoid going down there at all costs.

Me and my buddies always have discussions about how unbelievably lame 4th Street is. The "dress code" is ridiculous, and not posted ANYWHERE. Seems like everyone that works down there has an attitude and isn't pleasant at all. I try to avoid going down there at all costs.
I absolutely hate it. Improv is really the only reason to go. Occasionally I get drug there by out of town friends and almost always regret it.

When SK played X in the playoffs a couple years ago me and my buddy went to 4th street live. It was a fun night. I even had a pleasant bum show me where the nearest strip club was. He walked with me I think 4 blocks to the place. He was from Covington so we had a good conversation from what I remember. I rate the Ville night life a 9.

If I remember correctly, no sleeveless shirts, no jerseys, etc. It is their way to keep out the "less desireable crowd".

People still wear sleeveless shirts and jerseys out to bars??