Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Referee crew chief Steve Fromeyer Injured

Featured Replies

Dear Head Football Coaches: I'm writing to inform you that one of our referee crew chiefs, Steve Fromeyer, was injured Saturday night while vacationing in Myrtle Beach, SC after a restaurant's fire display set him on fire. He suffered first and second degree burns all over his face, neck, and ears. A full but lengthy recovery is expected. He is not yet allowed to travel home but hopes to be able to do so by the end of week. I know you join me in keeping Steve, one of our very best referees, in your prayers. He may be reached via email at [email protected]. Use of the phone, however, risks infection to his face and ear. Via Matt Young

Ok, I am a little confused. There are two Steve Fromeyer.

 

1. Head Football Coach at Eminence

 

2. Other one is an official/

 

So which one was injured? Hope for a fast recovery.

Ok, I am a little confused. There are two Steve Fromeyer.

 

1. Head Football Coach at Eminence

 

2. Other one is an official/

 

So which one was injured? Hope for a fast recovery.

 

I am confused too, I edited the title to what I think was intended.

Wonder what kind of display that was.

Coaches hoops at Scott.

Also Varsity and Freshman Baseball coach at New Cath. They won the region this year. Great sports guy in NKY. Wishing him the Best.

I have been in touch with him and it was a pretty freak thing that happened. As he has said, he is so grateful that it wasn't one of the kids, but him. He seemed in good spirits all things considered. Steve is as good of a person as it gets. I wish him the best.

Wonder what kind of display that was.

 

I believe a Hibachi grill.

Wow, good luck to him on his recovery. We just never know when something can occur to change our lives.

I believe a Hibachi grill.

 

Yes it was. I believe one of the volcano things they made blew up. I was told he dove on the kids to save them. Knowing Steve he is keeping a smile on his face and going to be ok in time.

Yes it was. I believe one of the volcano things they made blew up. I was told he dove on the kids to save them. Knowing Steve he is keeping a smile on his face and going to be ok in time.
Wow, I've never heard of that happening before.

Have had his crew twice...can tell he takes officiating VERY seriously and does HS games with same intensity/care as though they were Sunday afternoon games. Get well soon.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Steve(Fro) and his family. Steve is a great person and always puts the kids first regardless of the situation. Wishing Steve a speedy recovery!

Really hate to hear about this. Steve is a great ref and a better guy. I hope he has a quick and full recovery.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.