Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Little League Baseball - Wow!

Featured Replies

I took in a little league game last night (12 year olds) and all I can say is wow what entertainment, and I am not talking about the game.

 

Late in the game with the game out of hand the losing team brought in a pitcher for garbage time pitching. The kid begs to pitch and this was the perfect time, however, he was struggling to throw strikes. Then with a runner on he balked. The coach, in my opinion, let the kid keep rolling without addressing the balk with him because he wanted him to concentrated on the pitching. I agreed with that decision. However, the kid's father didn't agree and thought the coach should have stopped play, used it as a learning experience, and addressed the balk so the dad got up and started yelling at the coach in the middle of the game and it got real nasty. The coach started yelling back and told him to sit down and shut up. Then the guys wife had to restrain the guy, I think she choked him, to keep him from re-engaging the coach.

 

The next inning one of the kids from the team that was winning shot his mouth off to the umpire and the umpire put the kid in his place. That caused the two coaches from the winning team to verbally engage the umpire and tell the ump they need to address them and not individual players. Not sure of the protocol here but the kids were all hanging out on the backstop vs. the bench and one shot off his mouth. I think the coaches needed to do more to control their own kids but either way this was good drama. So while the coaches and the ump are going back and forth this fat, ugly woman (sorry I felt the need to describe her) was running her big loud mouth trying to inflame the entire situation.

 

I really don't know who was the worst offender, the father that chewed on the coach or the loud mouth woman trying to inflame the situation between the coaches and the ump.

 

The ump kicked the kid out and shortly thereafter kicked one of the coaches out of the game. Then someone questioned him why he didn't kick the original dad out of the game for yelling at the coach and his response was it didn't affect the game. Personally I would have kicked the father out to set the bar for all the other problem parents. Additionally I would have kicked the fat, ugly, loudmouth woman out too.

 

The cool thing is you could drink at this park (yours truly took full advantage) and I never in my life have had better entertainment for free.

 

As much as I enjoyed all the drama it really was a sad state of affairs where several adults set very poor examples for multiple children.

 

Is it always like this at these little league baseball games!?

  • Replies 91
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may not always be that bad, but parents are out of control at sports games. I've umpired my share of Little League baseball & for the most part enjoyed it. It was my first real job & most everyone I dealt with--parents, coaches & players--were cooperative. But occasionally, things could get out of hand. Nowadays, it seems so much worse.

What kind of Little League allows drinking at their games? That's just asking for trouble, and as theguru showed, there's already enough trouble to go around. Adults ruin everything.

I am all in favor of no parents at child sporting events, parents just cant handle themselves anymore.

None of this is particular to Little League per se. It's becoming more and more commonplace in all of youth sports. Mommies and daddies who know more than the coaches, believe their kid is the second coming of Ty Cobb/Jim Brown/Bob Cousy and deserve special treatment, accord umpires as much respect as they've taught their own kids to respect authority, and generally have all the courtesy and class of a bar room drunk.

Does Clizzy umpire baseball games?

 

The only reason I ask is that at the top of my bucket list is this desire: to be ejected from a sporting event in which Clizzy is officiating/umpiring. And I'm going to do my darndest to get PP92 to join me, which I don't think will require a great deal of arm-twisting. I just wanted to let BGP know this ahead of time, so that when it happens (and believe me, it will), you'll know I was only doing it in jest.

What kind of Little League allows drinking at their games? That's just asking for trouble, and as theguru showed, there's already enough trouble to go around. Adults ruin everything.

 

Little League here in NKY has never had its own complex, as do many Little Leagues around the country. They make use of whatever fields to which they can gain access. Some of these fields are softball parks that are concurrently used for softball leagues and obviously allow alcohol. Not the best situation in the world, but generally not a problem.

Does Clizzy umpire baseball games?

 

The only reason I ask is that at the top of my bucket list is this desire: to be ejected from a sporting event in which Clizzy is officiating/umpiring. And I'm going to do my darndest to get PP92 to join me, which I don't think will require a great deal of arm-twisting. I just wanted to let BGP know this ahead of time, so that when it happens (and believe me, it will), you'll know I was only doing it in jest.

 

Basketball, not baseball.

Basketball, not baseball.

 

Very much appreciate that information. Now, if you can just get me his scheduled games for next season, I'll be your best friend. :lol:

Does Clizzy umpire baseball games?

 

The only reason I ask is that at the top of my bucket list is this desire: to be ejected from a sporting event in which Clizzy is officiating/umpiring. And I'm going to do my darndest to get PP92 to join me, which I don't think will require a great deal of arm-twisting. I just wanted to let BGP know this ahead of time, so that when it happens (and believe me, it will), you'll know I was only doing it in jest.

 

 

I can't wait. The hard part will be razzing him without laughing. And then not laughing after he kicks us out. :lol: :lol:

I can't wait. The hard part will be razzing him without laughing. And then not laughing after he kicks us out. :lol: :lol:

 

Totally agree on both. But if we really put our minds to it, I know we can accomplish this. :lol:

I can't wait. The hard part will be razzing him without laughing. And then not laughing after he kicks us out. :lol: :lol:

 

Oh, dude, I'm in and I'll video. YOUTUBE.

Oh, dude, I'm in and I'll video. YOUTUBE.

 

The more the merrier, as far as I'm concerned. :lol:

You know, being the guy with my school that schedules officials, I could always request him for a game.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.