Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds at Yankees Series 05/18 thru 05/20/2012

Featured Replies

Reds have their 3 most consistent pitchers going in the series. Will Ludwick DH the whole series? Cairo? Could we see Costanzo get a start at 3B or as DH?

  • Replies 107
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe give Joey a day off in the field one game and allow him to just DH? Starting I guess Cairo at first?

Maybe give Joey a day off in the field one game and allow him to just DH? Starting I guess Cairo at first?

 

I like that idea. I'm guessing Ludwick will see the majority of DH at bats.

My guess for the lineup tonight...

 

Cozart SS

Stubbs CF

Votto 1B

Phillips 2B

Bruce RF

Heisey LF

Ludwick DH

Frazier 3B

Hanigan C

 

Would rather see pretty much anyone than Ludwick, but...:idunno:

Pretty sure Dusty already said that Ludwick would DH at least 2 of the 3 games. Honestly, I'm not sure if there's a better option other than one of the catchers.

Johnny Gomes would be good in the 2hole.

 

Can you say that on BGP????

Cozart SS

Stubbs CF

Votto 1B

Phillips 2B

Bruce RF

Heisey LF

Frazier 3B

Cairo DH

Hanigan C

 

If he's going to play Cairo, I'd rather he be at 1B and they allow Votto to get a semi "off-day" and just DH.

How many teams hit their DH 8th?

 

I'd like to see what Hanigan can do hitting towards the top of the lineup.

I like that idea. I'm guessing Ludwick will see the majority of DH at bats.

 

I'm not necessarily trying to second guess Dusty here again. However, why use Ludwick as the DH? Why not Heisey? Ludwick is as good defensively. Also, Heisey has normally thrived in a pinch hitting role. I would think he would be more comfortable getting off the bench 3-4 times a game to swing the bat. A minor point but sometimes little things like that make a big difference.

I'm not necessarily trying to second guess Dusty here again. However, why use Ludwick as the DH? Why not Heisey? Ludwick is as good defensively. Also, Heisey has normally thrived in a pinch hitting role. I would think he would be more comfortable getting off the bench 3-4 times a game to swing the bat. A minor point but sometimes little things like that make a big difference.

 

 

He is better in the field so I assume Heisey will be in LF all series and Ludwick will be DH.

How many teams hit their DH 8th?

 

I'd like to see what Hanigan can do hitting towards the top of the lineup.

 

Agreed, I think he should lead off or hit 2nd. It's worth a try.

Let's face it the Yankees will take 2 of 3 and maybe all of them if the "toothpick" throws 1 game away which he often does in a series. Oh and by the way I will be rooting for a Reds sweep but I know it won't happen.

Reds making Pettite look like a CY Young candidate!

  • Author
Reds making Pettite look like a CY Young candidate!

 

Someone remind me why Pettite retired. It's obvious after watching him pitch against the Reds he's the best pitcher in the game. .

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.