Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC Players In A Fight At Downtown Cincy Nightclub?

Featured Replies

I really like Octavious, and it breaks my heart to see him in this situation. His grandmother is a wonderful person, and I know this is a big blow to their family...

 

As Grandma says, he has some issues he needs to get figured out. Doesn't excuse anything but it certainly lends some background.

  • Replies 95
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes it's easy to discount these kids and throw them to the side, but I think it's important to realize that the lives they have had to endure are so very different than most of us here. I believe people are products of their environments and this kid is certainly no exception. Tough lives and tough backgrounds. Hope this kid gets his life together and has a mentor to help him through it. Rooting for him.

So why the dismissal? You can't just sit by and watch your teammate get choked.
I agree with you, if he was helping his teammate getting choked, but then again, I wasn't there so I didn't see exactly what happened.
I really like Octavious, and it breaks my heart to see him in this situation. His grandmother is a wonderful person, and I know this is a big blow to their family...

 

I'm with you, GT.

 

Although I'm not as close to the situation or player as you, I am on UC's campus a lot so I have had several interactions with Octavious (and other players) and I definetly don't think this years' incidents are a true indication of the type of kid Oct is. He was always very humble and polite when I spoke with him.

 

I think the most important thing is that Mick WANTS to help this kid find a new home even though he is no longer apart of the program.

So as far as UC is concerned, is this issue over with? Or are they still looking in to other's involvement?

Well said GT on your earlier post.

 

I hate to see a kid who was given a chance to get a great education and play ball throw it away but hopefully he can land somewhere else and Mick will help him with that.

 

I think putting yourself in a bar atmosphere when you already have issues with anger is a dangerous mix. I know kids want to go out and have fun but nothing good ever happens when you are in a bar and its 2am. Coming to his buddy's rescue or not this obviously hit the media and Mick had no choice.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.