Jonathan Vilma Suspended for Entire Season

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a total crock. How does a player get the same amount punishment as a head coach who aloud it to go on? Another thing, are you telling me there were only 4 players involved in the bounty program? IMO the NFL needs a committee to handle discipline situations.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't ESPN or someone break down the playoff game with the Niners that showed him hitting Gore in the head just like Williams told them to in the tape?

I don't remember that but it wouldn't surprise me.

Worst part is the Saints were told to stop it before that game.

It's a total crock. How does a player get the same amount punishment as a head coach who aloud it to go on? Another thing, are you telling me there were only 4 players involved in the bounty program? IMO the NFL needs a committee to handle discipline situations.

Simple really, as much as the coach pushes it and tells the player to do it.....ultimately the player is the one in the game, creating the hits. Therefore, players is just if not more responsible.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't ESPN or someone break down the playoff game with the Niners that showed him hitting Gore in the head just like Williams told them to in the tape?
Maybe. But I still believe a lot of it is ingrained in to every persons head that any tackle you see highlights of you assume it was something dirty the Saints were doing on every snap or related to a bounty. The NFL is loaded with bountyless cheap shots or dirty moves.... about 100 of them every game. This whole thing was about setting an example of someone to show the NFL means business in their upcoming class action lawsuit. I am not defending the actions of the Saints, btw. They need a fall guy/team and the Saints were perfect for it (through their own faults and actions obviously).