Cincinnati Chili: Which way is best to serve Cincinnati-style chili?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

Which way is best to serve Cincinnati-style chili?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which way is best to serve Cincinnati-style chili?

• Bowl Of Chili - Plain and simple.
    • Over Spaghetti - With cheese, onions, or beans is "The Way".
    • The Coney - Classic take on the chili dog. With or without cheese, onions, or mustard.
    • The Chili Sandwich - Forget the weiner.
    • Chili Burrito - I like chili in a soggy tortilla.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My "standard" is a 3-way and a couple cheese coneys. I occasionally mix a chilito in there too. Never, ever just a bowl of chili. I'm not a heathen.

I go for a bowl of chili every once in a while. One of the guys involved in my lunchtime debate defended the bowl of chili by comparing it to bourbon...you start off drinking bourbon as a youngster in whatever mixer will kill the taste. Then you move to bourbon and Coke...and then Diet Coke to kill a little bit of the overly sweet cola taste. Then you move onto bourbon with a splash of water or soda water, and then the rocks, and then you finally start drinking it neat. The same goes for chili with all of the cheese, buns, hotdogs, spaghetti, hot sauce, crackers and so on.

Now...I certainly think he was churching up his argument a good bit, but he may have a bit of a point.

I go for a bowl of chili every once in a while. One of the guys involved in my lunchtime debate defended the bowl of chili by comparing it to bourbon...you start off drinking bourbon as a youngster in whatever mixer will kill the taste. Then you move to bourbon and Coke...and then Diet Coke to kill a little bit of the overly sweet cola taste. Then you move onto bourbon with a splash of water or soda water, and then the rocks, and then you finally start drinking it neat. The same goes for chili with all of the cheese, buns, hotdogs, spaghetti, hot sauce, crackers and so on.

Now...I certainly think he was churching up his argument a good bit, but he may have a bit of a point.

Eh, I don't buy that analogy.

I say they're all good from time to time if you're looking to change up your order...but if I could only have one, it would have to be the cheese coney with mustard and no onions, and a squirt of hot sauce.
I agree totally. However, I only employ the hot sauce on Gold Star coneys. Dixie doesn't need it and Skyline wouldn't be improved any by it. :cool: I would eat a 3-way if I had to, but coneys are my mode of choice.

On a side note: Watch someone eat a 3-way and you can instantly tell if they are a local. It's an almost guaranteed give-away.

I agree totally. However, I only employ the hot sauce on Gold Star coneys. Dixie doesn't need it and Skyline wouldn't be improved any by it. :cool: I would eat a 3-way if I had to, but coneys are my mode of choice.

On a side note: Watch someone eat a 3-way and you can instantly tell if they are a local. It's an almost guaranteed give-away.

Let me guess...either they...don't immediately turn the plate 90-degrees to eat off of the short end...or, they stab their fork into the middle and start swirling the spaghetti around on it?