March 28, 201214 yr How do you know it wasn't? I'm sure it was discussed. Has nothing to do with that it could be a reason he is not in the HOF. So it is okay to hire a coach with a questionable past? (I know your answer is yes to this from other threads-though you still claim Calipari is clean as a whistle.) So if it okay to hire a coach with a questionable past, then it is okay to put them in the Hall of Fame. Look Rupp was no angel and he is in...
March 28, 201214 yr So it is okay to hire a coach with a questionable past? (I know your answer is yes to this from other threads-though you still claim Calipari is clean as a whistle.) So if it okay to hire a coach with a questionable past, then it is okay to put them in the Hall of Fame. Look Rupp was no angel and he is in... For the last time.........Coach John Calipari has NEVER been named in ANY NCAA investigation. Period. Not sure why you would attack instead of keeping things on topic. Grasping for straws perhaps. I simply brought up the point that Pitino's NCAA violations MAY be a reason he's not in the HOF. Nothing more, nothing less. Haters gonna hate. Keep on, keep on.........
March 28, 201214 yr Write down everything Rick has done over his career and remove his name and add John Doe. Then ask yourself if you would vote for him.
March 28, 201214 yr I never once said he didn't belong in the HOF. I simply was asking if his checkered past was keeping him out.
March 28, 201214 yr Why not? Isn't history relevant? As an assistant 35 years ago? Nope. Doubt it ever enters their minds.
March 29, 201214 yr He's a lock an should be. I don't care for him or his condensending nature but he is a sure fire Hall of Famer.
March 29, 201214 yr As an assistant 35 years ago? Nope. Doubt it ever enters their minds. Also served as interim head coach.
March 29, 201214 yr Never will enter their minds. So, they ignore the entire body of work and only look at the good. Gotcha.
March 29, 201214 yr Is this the same Pitino that a chunk of the Louisville fan base wanted fired a month ago?
March 29, 201214 yr So, they ignore the entire body of work and only look at the good. Gotcha. Nope, they'll only look at what's happened as a head coach. If it were more recent and he was head coach it may get on their radar but 35 years ago as an assistant? Do you think ANY HOF candidate's assistant coaching career comes in to play?
March 29, 201214 yr Is this the same Pitino that a chunk of the Louisville fan base wanted fired a month ago? Yep, tough gig this coaching.
March 30, 201214 yr Nope, they'll only look at what's happened as a head coach. If it were more recent and he was head coach it may get on their radar but 35 years ago as an assistant? Do you think ANY HOF candidate's assistant coaching career comes in to play? If said candidate committed NCAA violations, you bet. Doesn't matter whether they were an assistant or not IMO. When said violations happened are also irrelevant. So, how far back do we go in someone's background? 10 years? 15? 20? Pete bet on baseball a long time ago? Should his indescretions be forgotten because time has passed?
March 30, 201214 yr Author Guess not this year... Louisville Cardinals' Rick Pitino won't be elected to Hall of Fame, according to source - ESPN
March 30, 201214 yr Guess not this year... Louisville Cardinals' Rick Pitino won't be elected to Hall of Fame, according to source - ESPN I also heard that, he was called this afternoon and told the news, I wonder why? I told my wife why I think but not sure.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.