Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA network coverage pros/cons

Featured Replies

With two years in the books of the NCAA tournament being split between CBS, TNT, TBS and TRU, let's hear it. What do you like about it? What do you dislike?

 

For me, obviously, the main pro is that all the games are on TV, so you're not stuck watching some awful blowout featuring a local interest team while a barn-burner is going elsewhere that you can't watch.

 

The obvious drawback is the mash-ups of studio analysts and and on-site announcing teams that come from two different worlds. While the guys from TBS/TNT used to working the NBA games are able to provide valuable insight in terms of how the players they're watching can project out to the next level, their overall lack of knowledge of the college game makes them liabilities. I mean, for God's sake guys, if you can't even get the name right for a star player such as "Tu Holliday," what kind of butchering is going on when it comes to role players?

The analysts have been very different on the channels, but I don't mind it too bad. Being able to switch back and forth between all games being played in the first/second rounds and the Sweet 16 is priceless. I can remember back when it used to drive me nuts having to watch a game that I wasn't interested in or having to watch blowouts, wishing I could watch any game that I wanted to. I hope this continues to be done.

Reggie Miller gets to me a bit when he is calling a game. Seems to get some rules wrong and too quick to compare to the NBA game.

  • Author

One exception to my complaints about the NBA announcers: Marv Albert. The guy is the consummate pro and has been outstanding. He could make a chess match sound compelling.

 

Perhaps the biggest hole in the coverage is that of Gus Johnson. Good God, how stupid was CBS to let him go? Couldn't we put him on instead of Snoozer Nantz?

One exception to my complaints about the NBA announcers: Marv Albert. The guy is the consummate pro and has been outstanding. He could make a chess match sound compelling.

 

Perhaps the biggest hole in the coverage is that of Gus Johnson. Good God, how stupid was CBS to let him go? Couldn't we put him on instead of Snoozer Nantz?

 

Couldn't agree more.

 

As to your original question, being able to watch whatever game I want is greater than the quality of the broadcasters.

Verne Lundquist is becoming sadder and sadder right before our eyes. Cards up 71-68, Gators shoot a couple of late threes; to which ol' Verne is hollering, "For the lead!".

^ That was Kevin Harlan, I believe. Verne is calling this Syracuse/Ohio State game that's getting ready to start.

Couldn't agree more.

 

As to your original question, being able to watch whatever game I want is greater than the quality of the broadcasters.

 

No doubt. There's always the mute button if the guys calling the game are horrible.

^ That was Kevin Harlan, I believe. Verne is calling this Syracuse/Ohio State game that's getting ready to start.

 

My bad. Whoever it was, needs some remedial math.

My bad. Whoever it was, needs some remedial math.

 

:lol:

 

He said it twice & I was thinking the same thing!

Love being able to watch the game on TV with the sound on and then watch the other games on the Internet. Can switch from one game to another without missing anything on the TV.... Outstanding!

^ That was Kevin Harlan, I believe. Verne is calling this Syracuse/Ohio State game that's getting ready to start.

 

 

Maybe so but Harlan is awesome.

Verne Lundquist is becoming sadder and sadder right before our eyes. Cards up 71-68, Gators shoot a couple of late threes; to which ol' Verne is hollering, "For the lead!".

 

 

I believe he gets confused and thinks he's at the Masters.

Verne Lundquist is becoming sadder and sadder right before our eyes. Cards up 71-68, Gators shoot a couple of late threes; to which ol' Verne is hollering, "For the lead!".

 

Heard this as well, was wondering what was wrong with him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.