Is Jaysean Paige a victim of the Good Ole Boy Network?

Before anyone thinks I mean anything racial let me be clear.....this post has not one single iota of intention of being a racially motivated post or question.

Now that this is out of the way here is my question...

Some well respected Ky high school basketball minds(including Jody Demling) believe that Jaysean Paige is without a doubt the best basketball player in this state this year. Did the fact that he came from New York for his senior year at Perry Central cost him a chance to be Mr. Basketball this season? If he is clearly the best player in the state why won't he win it?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Chane Behanan suffer this same fate last year? I know Hickey was deserving and would have gotten my vote but it is no secret that Behanan didn't play for the Ky All Stars because he didn't win Mr. Basketball. I am also aware that Behanan played at BG for two years also. Did he not win because he isn't a Ky boy?

Did Jaysean Paige win the KABC Region 14 Player of the Year?

For me, the KABC awards are a joke but the winners of these region awards gets an invite to the All Star tryouts and I was wondering if Paige is going to play for the Ky All Stars.

He can still be invited even if he doesn't win the 14th region award.

There is a bias against kids that move in and coaches that have transfer players. I know several coaches that will not vote for either.

While I totally believe you, I think that is the most retarded notion in the world. But it happens everywhere. Is he the best player or not? Hard to argue he's not. Just more ignorance to overcome.

Paige didn't win the KABC 14th Region award ... there was a tie for the award between a kid from Buckhorn and another from Powell County.

I guess we can figure that one out.

Matt Day of Buckhorn was 14th Region KABC POY. Day is also a final 5 contender for Mr. BBall. There was a tie for Coach of the year between John Noble of Buckhorn and Brian Hall of Powell Co.

Matt Day of Buckhorn was 14th Region KABC POY. Day is also a final 5 contender for Mr. BBall. There was a tie for Coach of the year between John Noble of Buckhorn and Brian Hall of Powell Co.

That doesn't mean he's the better player...that means he had more votes.

Did Chane Behanan suffer this same fate last year? I know Hickey was deserving and would have gotten my vote but it is no secret that Behanan didn't play for the Ky All Stars because he didn't win Mr. Basketball. I am also aware that Behanan played at BG for two years also. Did he not win because he isn't a Ky boy?

If Behanan didn't play for the KY All Stars because he didn't win Mr. Basketball that is poor sportsmanship in my book.

That doesn't mean he's the better player...that means he had more votes.

The 6'6 Matt Day was Buckhorn. Without him they would have been a very ordinary team. They defeated both Perry Central (in the 1st round of the district) and Knott Central (during the last part of the season). I would have voted him the 14th region's best if I had been voting. He saw double and triple team defense all year. He is one of the state's best players imo. Hopefully he will be on the Kentucky All Star team for the Indiana games in June.

If Behanan didn't play for the KY All Stars because he didn't win Mr. Basketball that is poor sportsmanship in my book.

We all agreed when it was discussed last year. He even said he had a conflict as to why he couldn't play and then was seen at the game sitting in the front row eating an ice cream cone. :lol:

The 6'6 Matt Day was Buckhorn. Without him they would have been a very ordinary team. They defeated both Perry Central (in the 1st round of the district) and Knott Central (during the last part of the season). I would have voted him the 14th region's best if I had been voting. He saw double and triple team defense all year. He is one of the state's best players imo. Hopefully he will be on the Kentucky All Star team for the Indiana games in June.

So you think he's a better player than Paige?