Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Peyton Begins Negotiations with Denver

Featured Replies

^Clyde, not really. Miami is going to give him more money than SF. No chance they can duplicate what they did this past year, he needs to strike while the iron's hot. SF showed they have zero faith in him.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
^Clyde, not really. Miami is going to give him more money than SF. No chance they can duplicate what they did this past year, he needs to strike while the iron's hot. SF showed they have zero faith in him.

 

They can win the NFC West again. They have the best D in the league which he needs as he's not a QB that will carry a team.

Crazy for not going to San Fran. Alex Smith is one happy camper able to stay in San Fran instead of Miami! Jax was the obvious choice for Tebow. I think Miami has whiffed so much that they go get Tebow to put fans in the seats!

 

Smith is far from a happy camper. He's mad they wanted PM.

They can win the NFC West again. They have the best D in the league which he needs as he's not a QB that will carry a team.

 

They can win the West with anyone at QB with that defense.

 

Also, Houston would strongly disagree with your second statement.

 

If I'm Smith, I'd rather go somewhere I'm wanted.

Smith is far from a happy camper. He's mad they wanted PM.

 

And he should be. Harbaugh publicly stated Smith was his guy, then they go behind his back and go after Manning. I'd tell them to shove it.

They've said they're going to trade Tebow....My guess is Jacksonville. Miami is going hard after Smith, and I'm hoping they sign him. Would love to see Harbaugh left out in the cold.

Right there with ya on that one.

^Clyde, not really. Miami is going to give him more money than SF. No chance they can duplicate what they did this past year, he needs to strike while the iron's hot. SF showed they have zero faith in him.

 

I could be wrong but I thought I heard San Fran offered him some type of deal that was over 8 million a year that he turned down? They have said Miami could offer him a little bit more than that, but you would have to think that now with San Fran missing out on Manning that San Fran may raise their offer a little bit now to keep Smith.

 

Also while agree with you about Smith being mad, he would be stupid to leave if they up their offer. The NFL is a business, San Fran had to at least try for Manning. Smith could be making good money and have a shot at a ring if he goes back to San Fran. If anything he would be stupid to not go back especially if they up his offer some.

 

(On a side note I hope he doesn't go back. Would be funny to see San Fran left without anyone of them.)

Looks like 5 yrs for $90m.

I wonder what the guaranteed # is?

Looks like 5 yrs for $90m.

 

Wow, I hope only a little is guaranteed money.

They can win the West with anyone at QB with that defense.

 

Also, Houston would strongly disagree with your second statement.

 

If I'm Smith, I'd rather go somewhere I'm wanted.

 

And he should be. Harbaugh publicly stated Smith was his guy, then they go behind his back and go after Manning. I'd tell them to shove it.

 

If the 49ers were dishonest with Smith, then I can understand him being upset. If he is mad because they talked with Manning, then he needs to first get therapy and rejoin reality and then leave. Manning = HOFer. Smith = borderline starter. Should Smith be upset just because they talked with Manning? Does that mean they don't like or want Smith? Seriously. Choosing between Manning and Smith is a no brainer and any player who is rational with their ego in check can see that.

If the 49ers were dishonest with Smith, then I can understand him being upset. If he is mad because they talked with Manning, then he needs to first get therapy and rejoin reality and then leave. Manning = HOFer. Smith = borderline starter. Should Smith be upset just because they talked with Manning? Does that mean they don't like or want Smith? Seriously. Choosing between Manning and Smith is a no brainer and any player who is rational with their ego in check can see that.

 

If anything this whole Manning thing may get Smith more money. I don't see San Fran wanting Smith to leave, and may offer him more than they did before to make sure they at least get him now.

If the 49ers were dishonest with Smith, then I can understand him being upset. If he is mad because they talked with Manning, then he needs to first get therapy and rejoin reality and then leave. Manning = HOFer. Smith = borderline starter. Should Smith be upset just because they talked with Manning? Does that mean they don't like or want Smith? Seriously. Choosing between Manning and Smith is a no brainer and any player who is rational with their ego in check can see that.

I agree. Smith had a career year last year and it would be judged as pitiful by Peyton Manning standards. The 49ers have remained pretty darn loyal to Smith considering his production. Some of that has been coaching changes, but still. Not sure he has a lot of room to gripe.

I'm with all of the people who want Smith to burn the 9ers and Harbaugh.

I'm with all of the people who want Smith to burn the 9ers and Harbaugh.

 

Like Fox in Denver with Tebow, I am not sure they have that type of fear.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.