Facebook and UK

theguru

Days like today are "horrible" facebook days. Everyone and their brother/sister starts a thread about the UK loss and it makes your news feed one big UK train wreck.

Imagine if every member on BGP that had an interest in the game today started her/his own thread in the College Basketball Forum? It would be a mess and this is just another one of the reasons I don't like Facebook. I realize this isn't a Facebook problem but more of the Facebook/Narcissism Issue showing its ugly head. Everyone has to be the guy/gal to start a thread about it.

It is really no different than that first snow, the first really warm day, or a holiday.

It is days like this that I am thankful for our BGP social network so I can avoid all the blue this and blue that garbage on FB.

Anyone else feel the same way about a gazillion threads on the same topic on Facebook?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UK haters have been waiting for months to post on a UK loss. Everyone is out in full force.

From what I see most of the people posting are in fact UK fans that are upset about the loss. It is the volume of threads (mostly all the same subject matter) that I take issue with.

It's not just Facebook but Twitter as well. The irony is that there are times where I see something more along the lines of "Where are all the UK fans?" if they DON'T post reactions.

Basically the message is, for the sanity of everyone, pray for UK to win! :lol:

It's not just Facebook but Twitter as well. The irony is that there are times where I see something more along the lines of "Where are all the UK fans?" if they DON'T post reactions.

Basically the message is, for the sanity of everyone, pray for UK to win! :lol:

Same dynamic with the not reaction posts, in other words, you get a lot of posts asking the same thing. Again, repetitive volume is what I can't stand.

You're definitely right that forums like BGP definitely provide more focus. You still have total meltdowns in the game thread with occasional side threads related to the game, but for the most part it is contained and escapable. You can come to BGP without having to see it if you don't want to.

You're definitely right that forums like BGP definitely provide more focus. You still have total meltdowns in the game thread with occasional side threads related to the game, but for the most part it is contained and escapable. You can come to BGP without having to see it if you don't want to.

It is one of my issues with facebook and its days like this I stay away until this storm blows through and clears everything off of FB:

vandy.jpg

From what I see most of the people posting are in fact UK fans that are upset about the loss. It is the volume of threads (mostly all the same subject matter) that I take issue with.
You have to remember though, that not all of those people are connected to one another. So they may not see the same threads that you do.

I know that many of my FB friends that are not UK fans seem to have been under a rock all season and someone seemed to lift it off of them today. blah blah blah about UK being over rated, being the third best team in the state now, expecting early exits.....didn't hear much from them when UK beat their teams during the season, but now.........

I am not that stupid BF!!!
Umm...did I say that? :ohbrother:

Just pointing out that people want to talk about the game and just because your page is filled up with such things, it may not be so for others. No need to be defensive -- not trying to insult you.

I have been relieved that most of the Facebook posts have been positive. Most seem to think that the loss was a wake up call and relieved a lot of pressure. I have been glad to see few posts complaining about the officiating--especially a day after UK shot 20 freethrows to Florida's 2.