Everything posted by lungbuster
-
Class 3A - Harlan County @ Wayne County
They mix it up well and He can put it on the money when he needs too. I am very impressed with with throwing the ball. However, he is probably more of a threat running it out of the pistol formation. He isn't far behind the good back they have (as far as running goes) and they work well together!
-
Class 3A - Somerset @ Estill County
10-4 and just wait till they see the field friday night. I heard they have done a little work to it. lol Instead of three yards and a cloud of dust it will be known as three yards and a puddle of mud!
-
Class 3A - Harlan County @ Wayne County
I am hoping with all I have that the Bears will come out on top. Having said that I think that we are playing the best team in that district in Wayne Co. They have a very good RB and a very good QB. Both are healthy after some mid-season bumps and bangs. Wayne will be ready to play and if we do not take the field with some intensity and play our A game the Bears will have a long ride home friday night. Lets all go down and support the Bears cause its going to take a great effort to continue our season. If we play we will win this thing and move on to round 2. If we play as we did last week we will be watching someone else next friday.
-
Class 3A - Somerset @ Estill County
They can name it 100 to 0 IF THEY WANT TO. You can put the farm down on this one big guy!
-
Harlan County 38 Somerset 32
I'm Not MB, but I must say that Somerset would be better off using Friday as another practice day and then putting the pads up. The field will be sloppy and Estill will get in their shoe to shoe and destroy Somerset. Nothing against Somerset but Estill is just way to strong for the jumpers this year.
-
North Laurel looking for a new head coach
Maybe so as long as they don't talk to any of the coaches that have coached their before because of a lack of support. Does Laurel really want a football program or are they just giving lip service? I knew one coach who couldn't even get a bus for a JV game more than once. Just a thought.
-
Class 3A - Garrard County @ Breathitt County
This one gets ugly and ugly fast.
-
Class 3A - Somerset @ Estill County
Estill Co. in a big way. The field will be wet and very, very muddy! Estill will name the score in this one and off to week two. JMHO:flame:
-
Harlan County 38 Somerset 32
I agree. I thought his comments were out there. Really surprised me coming from Cobb. He better be glad we basically were asleep for the first half. My hats off to the Somerset kids, I thought they played harder than we did the first half but a win is a win and we will take it.
-
Harlan Co. - Grayson Co. VA
Or they could of drove 5 miles and played another team but instead that team wanted to drive to Perry County and play them because the Black Bears have the numbers to be 5a. Then the next week they would rather play Clay County also. WAIT A MINUTE, THOSE TWO TEAMS ARE BOTH 5A! The attendance from that game alone could of paid for their season this year and next and sure could of helped the Bears out. Then we wouldn't of had to drive to North Texas to fill our schedule but what the hey! Makes perfect sense to me!
-
Pulaski Co. 29 Knox Central 28
That last line or two wasn't needed! lol
-
Estill Co. 29 Harlan Co. 20
She couldn't beat me in hoops but she was pretty good though! lol
-
Estill Co. 29 Harlan Co. 20
She put the Ball in Hal Mumme Ball!
-
Estill Co. 29 Harlan Co. 20
She played QB in the late 80's. They said she ran the offense like having a coach on the field!:banana:
-
Estill Co. 29 Harlan Co. 20
The Clay, LCC, Perry Central, North laurel and Harlan Co. IMHO not really very much difference. However, the dedication and work ethic is going to be the key. 1a through 6a really doesn't matter because it takes work to compete in any class. Get in the weightroom, do the roadwork needed, take care of your school responsibilities and find a will to win. If we take care of our part then the class we are placed in will be just fine. There is however a big difference in doing it and talking about it.
-
Estill Co. 29 Harlan Co. 20
No negative comment was meant from my post. Estill does what they do very well. They have a darn good football team and it showed Friday night! 8-1 is a great season so far BUT, I am thinking that you all are better than Breathitt Co. and probably should be 9-0. It may sound strange but I still think IF you all do meet in the playoffs that Breathitt wins again even though I really think you guys have the best team. I just don't know if Estill can get past the name Breathitt and if your kids really believe you guys can win? Just my thoughts but who know's!
-
Estill Co. 29 Harlan Co. 20
Go Bears! I ain't jumping anything, just waiting on next Friday. Estill played a good game and did what they had to do. However, I must admit watching them play is like watching paint dry but they did win so good luck. Now lets go Bears and we just might see you again ------ One never knows?
-
EstillCo. vs. Harlan Co. predictions
GO BLACK BEARS!:flame:
-
EstillCo. vs. Harlan Co. predictions
Watched a lot of double wing teams in my life. Really like it and it is very interesting once you learn the thinking behind it. You talking about three yards and a cloud of dust then this is it. Eat clock like I eat steak! Just so hard to get high school kids to buy into it with all the flash of the spread. I think Jones needs to be commended for the kids buying into what he was selling. JMHO The wedge might be my favorite play of all time. Throw back football!
-
EstillCo. vs. Harlan Co. predictions
Spread them out? They run the double wing! They will be in there toe to toe and the FB will be right under the QB. They will only run about 6 base plays. Super Sweep, FB trap, Power, blast and maybe a play action pass or two. They will double team at the point of attack and say here we come now stop us. Double wing is hard to defend just ask some down south and out west. Don't forget the ole wedge play also!
-
EstillCo. vs. Harlan Co. predictions
Thanks----I think? I knew you could figure it out cause I know I couldn't!
-
EstillCo. vs. Harlan Co. predictions
How is the other district looking at their finish. What are some possibilities of the 1st and 2nd round games? HDE, do you have any idea? Last I heard the other district was locked up in a three way tie?
-
EstillCo. vs. Harlan Co. predictions
After the Breathitt- Estill game and the Breathitt - Harlan Co. game I really don't know what to think about this one coming up Friday! I know its hard to compare scores but its also very hard to understand how Breathitt couldn't score a offensive touchdown against Estill and how Breathitt ran threw us like we weren't there? Very interesting game. Go Black Bears!
-
Middlesboro/Harlan County
IMHO it all will be decided by which Harlan Co. team shows up tonight and if they somehow can put a complete game together or not. Middlesboro has been running a little I, veer and Spread packages trying to get the ball in the hands of Adams. I don't think they can line up in the I and give the ball to Adams and beat the Bears if the Bears show up and play but the Urban Myers package could give the Bears fits tonight as most spread teams have done. The Bears have a big challenge ahead of them as Middlesboro is a very good team as was shown last week. If Corbin couldn't line up and blow them off the ball with the quality backs they have I am guessing this game will be decided by how healthy Blanton is for the Bears! This SHOULD be a dandy game to watch and GO BLACK BEARS!:thumb:
-
Harlan County 28 Bell County 20 (Frosh)
I am always good for a laugh or two. You need to show the rest of us how to cook Mama Bear cause lookin at the size of your youngin ------- you are a darn good one! That boy is a man!