Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Hammer

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by The Hammer

  1. C-J Boys' Litkenhous Ratings Last Updated:2008-01-02 :04:01 Top 20 1.Mason County (11-2) 102.0 2.Lexington Catholic (11-2) 101.6 3.Bryan Station (11-1) 100.7 4.Elliott County (10-1) 99.4 5.Scott County (8-6) 94.3 6.Male (11-1) 93.5 7.Paul Dunbar (11-2) 91.5 8.June Buchanan (7-3) 91.5 9.Covington Catholic (9-2) 91.0 10.Jeffersontown (12-2) 90.7 11.Ballard (7-2) 88.7 12.Holmes (10-1) 87.6 13.Shelby Valley (9-2) 86.3 14.PRP (13-2) 85.7 15.Shelby County (10-0) 85.7 16.Muhlenberg North (11-2) 85.5 17.Eastern (9-1) 85.0 18.Paintsville (9-2) 85.0 19.University Heights (11-3) 84.2 20.DeSales (8-3) 84.2
  2. Ferguson had 29. That is the only one I have heard. Elliott probably had their worst shooting game of the year. They had 29 points after the 1st period. Then went completely cold in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Then started shooting better in the 4th.
  3. The score was closer than it appeared. Covington Catholic hit several free throws in the last 2 minutes to push the score to 14. Elliott had the ball and only down by 4 with about 2 or 3 minutes to go. Also, Elliott had the lead late in the 3rd. Elliott deserves a #11 ranking. All of you will see that once they play a team on even rest. Elliott was the only team to play 3 consecutive games in the 5th 3rd. The game before they played Covington didn't start until 9:30 at night. I hope Elliott does draw Covington Catholic in the first or second round of the state tournament. I would bet there will be a different outcome.
  4. The younger players play on the JV. If they do nothing, should they play on the Varsity, without earning it?
  5. Without earning the chance to play?
  6. You have never really saw Elliott play, have you? If you watch their JV, you would understand. Would you promote a player that doesn't deserve it? There are about 20 players total on their JV and Varsity.
  7. Exactlly, who else would have spent 27 years of his life coaching as he believes correct for a losing program. No one, that's who. He continues to do what he loves because he knows that he knows basketball and is finally getting some respect. Some of you that are from bigger schools need to refrain from commenting, because you have no idea what you are talking about. It would be easy to choose some subs if you cut 20 from your varsity, that is not the case at Elliott.
  8. Have you understood nothing. Elliott is no where near the size of Mason. Is that really that hard to understand? If Elliott's team were at Mason, then they would have a much larger bench. Wake up!!!
  9. Exactly. These are rankings and an 18 point loss to a team in the rankings and a sub 500 record would bring them down. They may prove to be better, but these rankings are pretty good. Good work Vol Fan.
  10. I can see what you are saying. I still feel that his rankings show some truth for what he has done. Very interesting.
  11. That is a very subjective number, but I feel that it worked out well in your rankings.
  12. Interesting. I can't say that I disagree with these rankings on any level. Just wondering on where the "how well team is playing" comes from? At the very least 1-5 looks much like what I would guess if I were to pick the top 5.
  13. Not unless it would be dangerous for them to travel. It's supposed to be 42(interesting number) tomorrow, so I feel that things will clear up enough for them to make their way to Rowan County. Good luck Lions!!
  14. Exactly. Elliott has to earn this title, it doesn't matter what they've done prior. I'll be pulling for them all the way and I know they can do it. The other teams will show up with dreams of the upset and come to play. Bottom line is that the games have not been played and if Elliott is to win, they need to show up and play to win. I believe in them and hope nothing but the best for them. Good luck Lions.
  15. Since this is a hypothetical post, I'll say this. If this situation were true somewhere, I'll guarantee you that your post does not apply to this possible situation. I know what you are saying, but if this situation were possible somewhere;) I would say this situation has a lot less to do with the coach and more to do with the parent and I blame nothing on the kid, I'm positive the kid is a good kid(unfortunately parents can negatively influence kids), but this post is hypothetical, of course.
  16. Cheap, no doubt. I really don't care, none of these comments will really have any effect on the season.
  17. I meant nothing negative against Rowan in my comment. That just happens to be the next game that Elliott plays. And yes, I do feel that their shots will start falling again in this game. Their shots fall most of the time and why would I feel that they won't against Rowan? I'm a huge Elliott fan, so please don't take this comment as a negative comment against Rowan County. Good luck to both teams.
  18. This team is a great team. One off night, doesn't mean anything. They normally make those shots.
  19. Elliott is better than they played tonight. The heart was there for them, but the shots just weren't falling. Ferguson came out playing with a purpose in the second half and showed why he is a great player. The younger Knipp could stand to play with a little more heart, but it must be hard playing with a group that has started so many games together. Plus he's a freshman dealing with being ranked nationally, that must be hard to deal with at such a young age. I'm sure he'll pick it up going forward, he's such a talent. When he plays on all out, like the rest of the team, they will be hard to beat. Every good team needs a loss to figure out what they are doing wrong. I can't wait to see Elliott bounce back against Rowan on the Jan. 4th. I'm sure they will be better for this experience.
  20. They only have 10 players on their varsity. I believe their depth did hurt them tonight having to play 3 games straight. They played the late game last night. They were 1-9 in 3 point shooting in the first half. They are usually among the states best 3 point shooting teams. It was a good game though. Catholic stretched it out with some free throws at the end. But both teams seem to be Top 10 teams in the state. I look forward to hopefully seeing them play again in the state tournament.
  21. I don't agree. Elliott will play this game as they play every game. All out, all game. This one will be close. Elliott will show up and play, that's just what they do.
  22. The graduation bug didn't effect Elliott. I just want this team to remain healthy and keep playing as hard as they have been. They are so fun to watch. They have talent and I doubt that any team in the state plays as hard as they do. They just lay it all on the line every night.
  23. Ferguson just played as he does. He's an impressive player. He's averging 34 per game in the tourney, he just doesn't quit. At 6'2" he out played two players that were at least 6' taller than him. Hat's off to a great player.
  24. I wish Elliott the best going forward. Fairview is a very quality team. I wish both teams well going forward. This season is still two months away from being over. That being said, I know how hard the Elliott team will work going forward. I think Elliott will win if they play Fairview. But, I have nothing negative to say about any other 16th region team.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.