Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IM4THEHOUNDS

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IM4THEHOUNDS

  1. Corbin vs. Glasgow at Glasgow tonight 7:00 p.m. (6:00 p.m. CST) Corbin vs. Harlan County Grid - O - Rama August 20th time TBA
  2. I am not sure --- but I do not think you can change "mid stream". They had the option of playing up in 3A the last time (their numbers weren't quite there the last time) but chose to stay in 2A. The next time they will probably be assigned to 4A.----or wherever the numbers fit. I am also not sure how often this re-evaluation takes place but I think it is every two years or so.
  3. The high school is in the process of some renovation right now. All the schools have had increased enrollment. I teach 5th grade and we were at cap before school started. We had to hire another teacher. We now have 8 fifth grade teachers with 25+ in each class. We are busting out of the seams.
  4. Go Hounds! Play hard and have fun this season!
  5. TE from Corbin-Corey Reeves-UK/ Center-Nolan DeVaughn-UK Other TE's from Corbin- Martin Earl Pennington-UK, Dan Chase-UK
  6. Amen-Thank God for the eternal hope that we have in Jesus Christ! May the peace of our Lord be with the Williams family.
  7. I would say that Harlan will be up for this game and it will be a big advantage with it being played there. I certainly do not expect the Hounds to overlook anyone this year. I believe we are going to have some hungry players(dogs if you will), this year and some upperclassmen who want to leave the program as winners. I watched Harlan scrimmage Middlesboro in the Grid last year and they had some nice looking players. May both teams have a ball!!:thumb:
  8. Kyle Craig has transferred to Whitley County and I do not know were Farley is on the depth chart right now.
  9. Lewallen and Mills will do good, Lewallen has a big heart and Mills is a big and strong young man. Nick Howington is 195-200Lbs and will get after people. He will probably play guard. Manns is still at tightend, I'm not sure he is 285 just yet, probably more like 275. He has some schools that are very interested and I think they told him that they wanted to see him play some line this year. Signing day is not until Feb., schools can offer now and kids can make verbal commitments, but that is all. 3 to 4 schools told Watkins they wanted to see some senior film of the first couple of games, so he is still on the radar. Wofford has made an offer and they seem to really want him. Right now he just wants to enjoy his senior year and help his team out all he can. Honestly I'm glad its not like the old days because schools have changed so much, if there was one class we know who they winner would be every year. I hope we can get there this year and our players need need to believe that they can! :thumb:
  10. I do not know what to say. This is a horrible tragedy. Life is so fragile. We will be praying for the family during this difficult time.
  11. We will be fine-I would rather have a 200 to 210lb lineman that will move his feet and get after you than a 270lb lineman that stands there. Our backs will block and make a hole. I would say that we will pass the ball around 40% of the time, thats my guess.
  12. 1. I would say that Okuma will play some offense, but I'm not sure what position. 2. Yes, Lamb, but he is out for now and may be having surgery. 3. Osborne, IMO should play somewhere, he is a senior, athletic, and he will hit. I'm sure that he will be in there someplace. 4. Right now the kicker seems to Roman, extra point will most likely be Okuma, and the punter has not been decided.
  13. :scared:
  14. Luke Osborne will hit and he should play a lot and maybe start.
  15. I don't know his name, I talked to his cousin the other day and he said that his parents are from here and they decided to move back.
  16. Your right, sorry I missed him. I hope I didn't leave anyone else out.
  17. Watkins will be fine, he turned his ankle(not the one sprained at the end of the season last year), at a combine in Indianapolis. It was a mild sprain. He is 6'1" ,209lbs right now and has maintained his speed. Manns is looking good and to me would look even better at a tackle, he is 6'3" to 6'4" and weighs 270. He will do good no matter were he plays, but he sure could help us out at tackle. A coach from WKU said that they would like to see him play some offensive line this year. I believe that EKU feels the same. Regardless, he will have a big year. Roman Mitchell will do well at QB, he is 6' 197lbs,(Matthew Taylor-back-up), Ryan Fritts will probably get down to 190 or so, I think Matthew Taylor is around 185, Brady Foley is about 185, so we have a good sized backfield. Ryan Morris at center, Nick Mills and Guy Lewallen at tackles, guard positions are open right now, looks as if some possibilities are, Nick Howington, Brody Jones(out right now with a shoulder injury), Steven Smallwood, Kendall Vickers, Justin Spencer, Kaleb Adams and some others. On defense, right now its, Caleb Watkins, Brady Foley, and Saxon Okuma at LB's, CJ Crawford and Matthew Taylor at the corners, Ben House, Mitchell Fredrick and Devin Sowders at DB's. On the defensive line its Aaron Manns and Steven Smallwood at DE's and I'm not sure about the tackles. Other seniors that will help this team out are, Dillon Reed, Jimmy Lambdin, Keith Epperson, Luke Osborne, Jonathan Goforth(not sure he has been released), Zack Smith, and Brandon Nance. The kid from Georgia will be starting on Monday. He plays RB and CB. It will be good to have him join the Redhounds.
  18. What a horrible tragedy. Prayers for the family from the Hound household.
  19. He has heard from all the Ivy League schools. Unfortunately, they do not have athletic scholarships and even with academic money they are pricey, and far away.
  20. Caleb Watkins of Corbin received an offer on Thursday, June 18th from Wofford College in Spartanburg, SC. This is a private NCAA Div 1-AA school who have strong academics and a great football program.
  21. Congratulations Channing and best of luck from your Corbin fans!
  22. Roman can play QB, he just needs more confidence and a lot of encouragement.
  23. :thumb::thumb:
  24. Mitchell is an athlete and will do good no matter where he plays. He could play tightend. If they move Manns to tackle and Taylor to QB, then Mitchell would make a dandy tightend. He can catch, run, and block(we saw that against Newport Catholic last year). He can also play QB. If Taylor played QB they could put in the option. I would say that Mitchell will play defense also.
  25. The subject was brought up again because we were discussing AAU. My only point is you just do not treat kids the way some coaches treat them. You don't wait until there is 40 seconds left in a game and then put a Jr in after putting all other subs in, even freshmen who have not proved themselves. When a kid works his butt off his 9th and 10th grade years, doesn't miss a practice, doesn't miss a game, and proves himself, you don't give him the silent treatment and act like your doing him a favor by letting play for one minute a game when your up by 40 points. What's the big deal in beating Williamsburg by 45 points? Some of the teams we beat would have their subs in the 3rd period and we were still playing our starters. Coaches should not give kids the silent treatment, they should talk to their players and be honest with them. We don't make Caleb's sports decisions, he does not have a desire to play any longer. I have given my two-cents worth just like you. Lets get back to discussing football, I am sure thats what you want.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.