Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SportsRUs

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SportsRUs

  1. No, we are just afraid of cannons shot in the dark.
  2. I agree every situation is different. I actually had this situation happen. I asked my child if he was offended by the language the coach was using. (This was at age 8 and this coach was curse words). My child was fine with it. Even at the age of 8 he said that it got him fired up and made him want to play harder. I would check with him occasionally to make sure he was okay with it. That was 10 years ago (playing basketball). He no longer plays basketball, but he does play baseball and football. He has never used bad language at a coach. He has too much respect for them as coaches and as adults.
  3. Boy, I bet it is fun to live in your household after this game or any losing game for that matter. Henry521, I wasn't sure what gender you were, but now I know. You are definitely the wife (the one who wears the pants in your family).
  4. This was probably the best post yet on this game. No bashing of anyone or either team. Just a great observation and interpretation of both teams. Very refreshing. Thank you.
  5. I don't think Cov Cath blitzed as many times last night as they normally do. I think had they done so, the yardage could have been different. Since his was the first game I have seen Highlands play this season and am not sure how they did all season long, I will say they are both very good.
  6. Thanks to all of the players for showing what "With a Spirit That Will Not Die" is truly all about. On both sides of the ball you all played exceptional. This game was won by the team not by an individual player. Thanks to the Highlands players for making it an exciting game. Can't wait to see the game in 2 weeks. "GO COLONELS"!!!!
  7. I had heard the only reason Bleser is not running is because he has been told not to by the coach. Maybe coach will finally let him run the ball for this game?
  8. The Grant County QB has some great numbers; however, his numbers will be up since he stays in at QB when the opposing team has their 2nd and 3rd strings playing.
  9. I have been to enough games to see all of the things I mentioned happen.
  10. I agree. Receivers changing the routes in the middle of the play, line not holding blocks long enough even for the running backs. QB underthrowing and overthrowing (could be routes not being ran correctly, QB being rushed or just not throwing accurately). Kids complaining QB throws too hard. When QB gets air under it, its being intercepted. QB doesn't set feet at times. We could go on and on. All I know is that there is an overabundance of issues that need to be fixed quick or it may be a short year for a very talented CCH team.
  11. The spread offense is not the problem. The problem is the receivers holding onto the ball. Whenever you have at least 17 dropped balls it's not going to look good. Maybe they can put some glue on their hands......:walk:
  12. Sorry, the columns didn't line up the way I thought they would. The numbers are Rushing Yards, Passing Yards and Total Off. Yards (Cov Cath had 83 Rushing Yards, 138 Passing Yards, 221 Total Off. Yards)
  13. Straight from St. X's website: http://www.stxavier.org/stxavier.aspx Team Rushing Passing Total Yards Yards Off. Yards Huber Heights Wayne 115 84 199 Indianapolis Cathedral 61 91 152 Lakewood St. Edwards 154 207 361 Lakeland Florida 185 71 256 Covington Catholic 83 138 221

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.