Everything posted by SportsRUs
-
Live on CovCath Internet Radio: CovCath vs Ryle live from Champion Windows Field
Still haven't heard that it is cancelled as of 3:00. It will be a cold and windy one, that is for sure.
-
CovCath 2 Highlands 1
I heard the boys aren't playing a doubleheader. If they play one game it will be played at 1:00. Coach is supposed to let them know early Saturday if they will play at all. Stay tuned.....
-
Tates Creek 5 Ryle 2 After 4 1/2
DD - are they going to pick this one back up after the rain or are you finished? Will weather permit the rest of the games scheduled for today?
-
CovCath 9 Boyle County 3
Wasn't there for the first game, but made it to the second game. Oldguy, I heard Bleser struck out 7 and only gave up 2 hits. Does this sound about right? Also, heard from fans his speed was decent. Around mid to upper 80's? If so, sounds like he is making his way back from surgery.
-
Key Players in the 9th Region
Mechanics are the only thing I am questioning. His batting is over the top. There are other catchers who have better mechanics allowing their time to second be better than his.
-
Key Players in the 9th Region
You haven't watched much baseball in Ohio have you???
-
Covington Catholic 7 Holy Cross 6
That's a known fact. The point is, the underclassmen held their own yesterday.
-
Covington Catholic 7 Holy Cross 6
Niehaus did a great job today. I was not fortunate enough to see him pitch last year. Josh has good and bad days as any other pitcher. CCH supporters are hoping he will have more good than bad this year. Keep in mind, he has pitched probably a total of maybe a dozen innings (summer ball) since his shoulder surgery almost a year ago.
-
Covington Catholic 7 Holy Cross 6
I was very impressed with the sophomores today. I have never been one to say a kid's ability should be based on the grade they are in. Today proved that to be correct. The other kid that was great today batting was Skylar Stein #40. He hit a few bombs today that caught the outfielders off guard.
-
Covington Catholic 7 Holy Cross 6
Josh went into the game knowing the coach was pulling him at 50 pitches today. Ask anyone on the team, they will tell you he threw exactly 50 pitches. It had nothing to do with game situation; although I thought it was a good time to pull him no matter how many pitches he had thrown.
-
Early Matchups
CCH & Holy Cross should be one of the better ones for tomorrow, 3/27. Notice I said should. It is at CCH at 4:30.
-
Key Players in the 9th Region
I agree Luke is a great kid; however, to put him in his own class is little bit much. I think he is a good catcher. There have been better and there have been worse. And yes, he did let the ball get by him a few times in that doubleheader. I haven't seen a kid yet, including my own, that is perfect. Luke needs to work on his mechanics throwing to second. Can be inconsistant at times. With that being said, I think he will be a major contributor hitting for the Colonels this year.
-
2007 Coaches Poll
When it is scheduled to be in the papers?
-
Cov. Cath 53 Holmes 50 (35th District)
Talent is self discipline as well as shooting the ball in the hoop. There is no "I" in team and unfortunately, this is what it's all about for Holmes. I know personally the kids from the Tar Heels were never coached as a team. When your so called leader of the team has always been told it is all about him, you see the result on the court and off the court. Maybe that is why he thinks he can expect a team to wait for him to get there before they leave on the bus. It is sad because he truly is talented. I have seen his blow national title opportunities as well due to this same reason. I just hope he figures it out within the next few days.
-
Who's the better Student Section Cov Cath or Ashland?
It really has nothing to do with the loudness of the students it is their unique cheers and getting the fans involved. Also, I think Trinity has "several" more students than Cov Cath.
-
Simon Kenton at Cov.Cath Febuary 20th.
Spoke with a family member of Hurd's, he definitely had a dislocated shoulder. He is in a lot of pain, but he played well against Scott for SK's senior day game. Hopefully this will not affect his playing against CCH. I expect this to be an exciting game.
-
High School Coaches that played Major College... college... and even pro baseball?
He played for both.
-
Did Conner just not realize who they had as an applicant or did Cov. Cath ...
IMO, the students are what live up to "With a Spirit That Will Not Die", not the staff. The teachers and administration are there to do a job. It's up to the students to make it a fun place to be. I guarantee you the faculty is not involved when the student body comes up with the cheers of the colonel crazies to root their teams on in a sport. It shouldn't matter if the coach went to CCH or taught at CCH. The players just care about a coach that can get the job done. And the team is what matters, right?
-
Who is in line to be the next coach at CovCath?
Thursday
-
Anybody have their 07 Schedule out yet?
I noticed Cov Cath has their schedule on their website if anyone is interested. http://www.covcath.org
-
Who is in line to be the next coach at CovCath?
I heard the same story from a pizza delivery guy (truth). Go figure. This guy went to CCH for a couple of years and then went to school in Florida. He knew I supported CCH by a sign in my front yard.
-
CovCath 69 Scott 53
It is Jordan Adkins, he is a Junior. He has always looked young.
-
Who is in line to be the next coach at CovCath?
I bet I know. :jump:
-
Who is in line to be the next coach at CovCath?
This would be a great idea if he didn't go with Rodenberg. He came with Rodenberg and is leaving with him.
-
Could CovCath dominate NKY with the right coach?????
It wouldn't if you knew who was saying it. He has always blowed smoke :ylsuper: