Everything posted by FarBeyondDriven
-
Simon Kenton 57 Ryle 28
Why would 9th Region officials be working a game on an 8th Region home court?
-
Midland's Joe Hayden Has Died
A baseball icon, RIP.
-
Simon Kenton 57 Ryle 28
I should clarify that I did not mean to imply that the officiating showed any favors to SK. I was just pointing out that it was an interesting stat, one that you don't see often.
-
Carroll County vs Trimble County Prediction?
Trimble will win this one by 15 plus.
-
Simon Kenton 57 Ryle 28
Interesting stat that SK had 2 more field goals than Ryle, but won by 29, wow. I guess the 29-6 FT margin helped.
-
Congrats!!: Ally Niece Freshman of Simon Kenton reaches 1000 point club
Congrats!! Hitting the 1000 point mark that early is rare.
-
Gallatin County 73 Williamstown 72
Time change........JV 1:30PM and Varsity 3:00pm.
-
Job opening at Collins
WOW!! Coach Cates leaving? She is one of my favorite coaches.
-
Gallatin County 73 Williamstown 72
I think it is 1:00.
-
Gallatin County 73 Williamstown 72
The officials did apologize all over the place for originally allowing the scenario to happen. I know the band didn't intentionally do it, it's not very often that a half or quarter ends with free throws being shot, although it happened twice last night.
-
Gallatin County 73 Williamstown 72
Ok, thanks for the info.
-
Gallatin County 73 Williamstown 72
Does that mean it is up to coaches to stop an official from being wrong?
-
Gallatin County 73 Williamstown 72
Correct. Happened with about 5 seconds left, then Kennedy hit a desperation half court runner at the buzzer to cut the final score to 73-72. Evidently, Kennedy could have hit shots from the parking lot last night too, LOL!
-
Gallatin County 73 Williamstown 72
Gotcha. Stupid rule.
-
Gallatin County 73 Williamstown 72
Did you find anything that doesn't allow them to be shot again? Referees are not infallible, therefore their incompetence needs to be corrected sometimes. I mean, they didn't just slip up and let the band play during one FT attempt, they originally allowed all three attempts, while the GC asst coach is trying to get their attention on the matter.
-
Gallatin County 73 Williamstown 72
Wow...........not much on subtlety are you? So, I assume you are predicting an easy win when Gallatin plays Campbell?
-
Gallatin County 73 Williamstown 72
Everything happened exactly as you explained it. The officials were definitely not in mid season form.
-
Highlands 59 Sacred Heart Academy 45
Good win, congrats to Coach Richey and the Birds.
-
Gallatin County 73 Williamstown 72
Bowen stepped up big tonight, her career high helped Gallatin hold off a furious Williamstown rally. Kudos to Williamstown for not laying down when down early, and kudos to Williamstown's Michaela Kennedy for shooting lights out. It was not a well played game, but it was entertaining.
-
Simon Kenton 54 Shelby County 28
I believe that the home team usually is relied upon to call in the box score to any newspapers. I am sure Coach Holland wasn't real anxious to do so after a disappointing loss. As a coach myself, I can sympathize a little bit if that is the case.
-
Congrats to Carlie Roark!!!!
Congrats to her and her family, very cool!
-
Grant County 72 Pendleton County 63
Congrats to Coach West and his team on a good win.
-
Trimble County 71 Walden 45
Congrats to Coach Leep and his team.
-
Simon Kenton 54 Shelby County 28
That too! Sounds like SK has lots of bodies to throw at you. Looking forward to seeing them play.
-
Simon Kenton 54 Shelby County 28
Sounds like SK played real well in the 2nd half, congrats to Coach Stowers and his team. Shelby County hasn't had a regional tournament win since 2010 when they upset South Oldham in the first round on SK's homecourt, the year before they split with Collins. This could be the year they advance in the 8th Region tournament since the split.